With 2015 in full swing, it’s time for the acquisition targets of the 2nd quarter to be released by trucking and transportation consulting firm Ahern & Associates.
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) May 14, 2015
With 2015 in full swing, it’s time for the acquisition targets of the 2nd quarter to be released by trucking and transportation consulting firm Ahern & Associates. Each quarter, CEO and founder Andy Ahern posts the needs of Ahern’s clients so that readers of The Ahern Advisory can determine if they are ready to begin the selling process themselves. In each instance, Ahern & Associates has been retained in an advisory capacity to introduce clients to parties interested in selling:
1. Client 1 is a company that has been in business since 1949 and is primarily a provider of logistics solutions for agriculture, construction, energy, manufacturing, mining and oil refining. Its revenues exceed $800MM annually. This client is interested in expanding its operating footprint in the light asset business models. Companies of interest would be those that are freight brokers or 3PL focusing on agricultural bulk commodities, energy, mining or other niche markets.
2. Client 2 is a long-time client with revenues in excess of $300MM annually. The client has been in business for over 60 years, and is primarily a light asset-based business. The company is involved in TL, LTL, freight brokerage, intermodal, and van, and is willing to look at companies that generate $3MM-$40MM of annual revenue, including some company assets. This client is only interested in acquiring transportation companies located in California. Companies that have warehousing in California that can be consolidated into one of its current warehousing facilities are of special interest.
3. Client 3 is an existing client of Ahern & Associates that is looking to expand its operating footprint. The owner prefers to acquire companies with revenue in excess of $50MM annually, and also likes to acquire them as an investor company and grow the business. This owner is looking to acquire at least 50% or more of the business.
4. This next client is one of the largest transportation providers of supply chain solutions and domestic transportation services in the United States. Active in all forms of freight distribution, the company is looking for freight brokers that generate $15MM to $150MM annual revenue. The company must have strong operating margins and a good diversity of business, and in all cases, the business must be non-asset based.
5. A long-term customer of Ahern & Associates, Client 5 is one of the top flatbed providers in the country. Target companies are those with $10MM-$40MM of annual revenue, and the client is looking primarily for owner/operator flatbed companies. The target company can be profitable or non-profitable.
6. The 6th client on Ahern’s list of acquisitions this quarter is a well-established transportation company, operating primarily vans, that is looking to extend its operating footprint throughout the United States. Currently, the client operates approximately 600 tractors, and the owner is willing to look at trucking companies that are marginally profitable. The client wants to acquire the assets of the business and pay for the customer base, can move quickly, and wants the management to continue to stay and assist in growing the business.
7. Client 7 is another well-established trucking company that has been in business for approximately 15 years, and currently operates 450 trucks. The client is looking for a TL, Van, or OTR carrier that operates east of the Mississippi. The primary lanes are IN, KY, IL, LA, WV, GA, and PA. The average length of haul should be 300-400 miles, and the client is looking to acquire companies that have 30-100 trucks that can close quickly.
8. Client 8 is an existing Ahern client looking to acquire specialized flatbed carriers that generate at least $100MM in annual revenue. The company must be profitable with an excellent management staff. The staff needs to want to stay and assist in growing the business, and the company must historically demonstrate growth and strong profitability. Any asset trucking company that is looking for a strong financial partner would be a good “fit”.
9. The next client is a flatbed carrier with revenues approximately at the $85MM range, and growing. Client 9 has an average length of haul of 500 miles, and the primary traffic lanes are AL, MS, IN, IL, OH, PA, NJ, TN, and GA. The client is looking to acquire companies that have $5MM-$30MM in annual flatbed revenue, and is looking primarily for asset-based businesses, although non-asset based flatbed brokers will be considered. The client focuses on generic movements of metal products.
10. Client 10 is a well-recognized transportation company with revenues that exceed $1 billion annually. The client is looking to establish ownership of companies with revenues of $150MM and over. The client is willing to acquire 50-60% of the business, and establish a formula to acquire the balance of the business according to the predetermined formula at the time when an owner is ready to exit the business. The client is interested in refrigerated carriers, flatbed carriers, van, OTR carriers, and will look at asset or non-asset based businesses. Strong earnings EBIT/EBITDA is a must, as is strong management.
11. The final client on this quarter’s acquisitions list is one that is a bulk commodity company, looking to expand its operating footprint. The client prefers companies that generate $15MM-$40MM of annual revenue. Companies must have good earnings and strong management, and the client will allow the seller to retain some ownership if desired.
Owners who are interested in any of the above clients and readers with knowledge of suitable companies that may be a fit with any of these clients are asked to contact Andy Ahern at (602)242-1030, or via email at email@example.com.
About Ahern & Associates, Ltd.
Ahern and Associates is North America’s leading trucking and transportation management consulting firm. The skilled consultants at Ahern and Associates specialize in mergers and acquisitions of trucking and logistics companies as well as the restructuring and evaluation of existing carriers that seek to increase operating efficiency and improve profitability. Since 1987, Ahern and Associates has aided hundreds of buyers in the acquisition of trucking and logistics companies throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as assisting many transportation and logistics companies in reducing their overall operating costs and increasing their profitability.
For more information, please call 602-242-1030 or visit http://www.ahern-ltd.com.