Perceptive Checklist Capture is an example of Lexmark’s ECM vision and strategy coming to fruition – mobile, desktop (web) and smart MFP devices all working together to capture, manage and access unstructured data at the moment it’s needed.
Lenexa, KS (PRWEB) May 12, 2015
- Lexmark announced today the availability of Perceptive Checklist Capture, a new solution that automates the process of gathering related documents and data from desktop, mobile and smart multi-functional (MFP) devices, streamlining the capture process and freeing knowledge workers to focus on customer service and compliance. By removing manual steps, Perceptive Checklist Capture also improves accuracy by reducing the rate of misfiled or misclassified content.
- In the field, Perceptive Checklist Capture enables users to take photos and capture other content with a mobile device, such as a phone or tablet. In the office, users can scan documents at an integrated Lexmark smart MFP or capture files at a desktop computer, then immediately add them to a project or case folder. Leveraging the Perceptive Evolution platform, the capture interface is similar across all devices and platforms, for a consistent and unified experience.
- Perceptive Checklist Capture updates the project or case folder in real-time, enabling users to track the project’s status. The system notifies users when a document is missing or incomplete, and delivers information directly to the user’s core business system while storing the document in a central repository for speedy retrieval.
- For example, a loss prevention agent arriving at the location of a reported external theft incident launches an app on his mobile phone, with immediate access to his open case folders. As he opens the active case, he is presented a checklist of outstanding items that need to be collected and notes that the only item missing is photo evidence. Directly from this checklist interface, he selects that item, then takes a photo which creates the relevant photo evidence that is automatically added to the folder. As the checklist is now complete, this case is automatically flagged as ready for review.
- Perceptive Checklist Capture can be leveraged in virtually every industry, including common areas such as: retail (incident management); government (public assistance); banking (new loan or account automation); insurance (claims); back office (HR case management); manufacturing (logistics document management) or higher education (enrollment services).
- Perceptive Checklist Capture organizes unstructured data, simplifies deployment and expansion, complements existing core systems, and demonstrates compliance.
“Perceptive Checklist Capture is an example of Lexmark’s enterprise content management vision and strategy coming to fruition – mobile, desktop (web) and smart MFP devices all working together to capture, manage and access unstructured data at the moment it’s needed,” said Brian Anderson, Chief Technology Officer, Lexmark Enterprise Software.
Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) creates enterprise software, hardware and services that remove the inefficiencies of information silos and disconnected processes, connecting people to the information they need at the moment they need it. Open the possibilities at http://www.Lexmark.com.
Lexmark, the Lexmark logo and Open the possibilities are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.