LINCOLN, R.I. (PRWEB) May 13, 2015
May is National Moving Month, and Amica Insurance is sharing tips to help make the process as smooth as possible.
Amica suggests the following when preparing to relocate to a new home:
- Buy plenty of boxes and tape before packing. Not having enough will only add stress to the process.
- Create an inventory of items while packing and unpacking to protect yourself in the event of an accident or theft.
- Don’t repack items that are stored in a dresser. Instead, cover the dresser in blankets and use tape to make it more secure.
- If moving with kids, have them pack a box of their favorite personal items.
- If moving with pets, remember to have their ID tags updated with your new address.
- Before moving day, shred outdated personal documents and recycle the scraps.
- The week before moving, plan dinner menus to use up the food in your home instead of packing it or throwing it away.
- Move on a weekday when banks, utilities and government offices are open to make the transition easier.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,400 people in 44 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
CONTACT: Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.