San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) May 14, 2015
As the curtain readies to close on a couple of beloved television programs, Viator, the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities, is highlighting a selection of TV and movie-themed experiences that bring the traveler as close as they can get to the on-screen action. May 17th will mark the series finale of “Mad Men,” and December will see the swansong for “Downton Abbey.” Fans of those programs will join “Harry Potter” enthusiasts who saw the final film in the series debut in 2011. But Viator has the cure for these particular blues including exclusive special events and Madison Avenue cocktails.
“Harry Potter” - London
- One Night Only: On May 22, Londoners and visitors alike can experience the After-Hours Event at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter. This Harry Potter extravaganza includes a behind-the-scenes, after-hours set tour including Gryffindor Common Room and Dumbledore’s office, an optional ride on a branded bus from central London, and a live demonstration of special effects used on the Hogwarts Express by supervisor John Richardson.
- For fans that can’t make the special event, the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter operates most days throughout the year.
“Downton Abbey” - London
- One Night Only: On August 16, the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon will open the doors to Highclere Castle for the Downton Abbey Experience with Champagne Reception. Board a coach in London, head to the stunning Hampshire estate, and hobnob with Britain’s social elite as you sip Champagne, enjoy hors d’oeuvres and take a tour of the elaborate rooms where scenes from the award-winning period drama are shot. Proceeds from this special event help support Launchpad, a local supported housing charity.
- While accessibility inside the castle is extremely limited, Viator also has two additional opportunities to visit – August 5 and 20, 2015 – with the Downton Abbey and Oxford Tour from London Including Highclere Castle (likely to sell out). Other stops on the full day tour include Oxford and Bampton Village, the setting used for filming outdoor scenes in the show.
- Another option for travelers who can’t make those special dates when Highclere Castle is included is the 'Downton Abbey' TV Locations and Blenheim Palace Tour from London, which operates on many dates throughout the year.
“Mad Men” – New York City
- Whether traveler or native New Yorker, the Mad Men Cocktail Tour of New York is a 2-or 3-hour nostalgic journey into the sophisticated styles and scenes of the 1960s depicted on the popular show. Sip signature cocktails, stroll past major landmarks and learn about the history of Manhattan’s ad industry on this small group tour that allows you to channel your inner Betty or Don Draper.
For more information about these and other TV and movie-themed experiences including Game of Thrones, Outlander and Lord of the Rings, as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 600,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and book the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools that check hundreds of websites to find the best hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 340 million unique monthly visitors**, and more than 225 million reviews and opinions covering more than 4.9 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 45 countries worldwide. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors.
TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 24 other travel media brands: airfarewatchdog.com, bookingbuddy.com, cruisecritic.com, everytrail.com, familyvacationcritic.com, flipkey.com, thefork.com (including lafourchette.com, eltenedor.com and iens.nl), gateguru.com, holidaylettings.co.uk, holidaywatchdog.com, independenttraveler.com, jetsetter.com, niumba.com, onetime.com, oyster.com, seatguru.com, smartertravel.com, tingo.com, travelpod.com, tripbod.com, vacationhomerentals.com, viator.com, virtualtourist.com, and kuxun.cn.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, December 2014
**Source: Google Analytics, average monthly unique users, Q1 2015