The continuous feedback we receive from users shapes the Vectorworks product line. Advances stem from those conversations coupled with our business approach as a company inspired by design.
Columbia, MD (PRWEB) May 14, 2015
Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc., a global developer of software for design visionaries, will preview upcoming capabilities in its Vectorworks® Architect 2016 release planned for later this fall at the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Convention 2015 (http://convention.aia.org/event/homepage.aspx), which begins today in Atlanta. Attendees can visit booth #3181 to learn how features such as graphical scripting, energy modeling and project sharing (http://bit.ly/1QMkbuK) will enhance designers' abilities to stay creative and enable great design to materialize from inspiration, exploration and discovery. They can also talk to booth personnel about the current version of Architect software, as well as today's release of the company's Vectorworks Cloud Services 3.5 and Remote Application 1.1, which enhance mobile workflows.
"The continuous feedback we receive from users shapes the Vectorworks product line. Advances stem from those conversations coupled with our business approach as a company inspired by design to provide the capabilities today's visionaries require to be creative," said Jeremy Powell, director of product marketing at Nemetschek Vectorworks. "The cloud and mobile improvements we are adding, along with new features, further support users as they break down location barriers and work to their fullest aptitude – no matter where they work or how they prefer to design."
Already, Vectorworks Architect software provides designers with the flexibly to design in 2D or 3D. Built-in BIM capabilities offer added functionality to streamline costs, analyze materials and increase energy efficiency while staying true to a design concept. AIA Convention attendees can speak with engineers and industry experts at booth #3181 to learn about new capabilities premiering in the next release of Architect, such as:
- Marionette: As the first and only cross-platform graphical scripting environment available in a BIM authoring tool, Marionette lets Vectorworks Architect users create complex design variations and intelligent parametric objects in a Python-based environment.
- Energos: Vectorworks Architect users can make critical performance decisions based on real-time feedback directly in their models with Energos, the only BIM authoring tool that uses the highly respected Passivhaus calculation method to create building energy use analysis results.
- Project Sharing: Design teams will be able to work concurrently in the same Vectorworks file using a multi-user environment to streamline project workflows, enhance collaboration and document designs.
In addition to previewing future technology, convention attendees can also learn about the latest Cloud Services and Remote App releases from Nemetschek Vectorworks.
Vectorworks Cloud Services 3.5 (http://www.vectorworks.net/service-select/cloud-services/) continues to help users share files and make design decisions from any location. Changes to a Vectorworks file automatically synchronize to designers' private cloud storage, allowing them to browse, mark up and share their latest designs from any web-enabled device. With 3.5, designers can now:
- Utilize independently controlled settings for file upload and file processing. New settings are cloud server-based, so users can set the frequency and time of day for automatic processing and uploading of PDFs to the cloud, representing the latest version of a design.
- Be notified of features and service updates through a new Announcements tab.
- Benefit from a more stable and up-to-date experience because updated cloud servers now run Vectorworks 2015 Service Pack 3.
- Gain more control over 3D views of the model with new layer visibility settings in the Vectorworks Nomad mobile app.
Cloud Services 3.5 is exclusive to Vectorworks Service Select members, but all Vectorworks users can take advantage of the Vectorworks Remote App (http://www.vectorworks.net/service-select/cloud-services/remote), which allows designers to use their mobile device like a remote to view, navigate and present designs without having to be at their desktops. The new Remote 1.1 marks the first release of Vectorworks Remote on Android, and it is available in English.
"We encourage AIA attendees to visit our booth to see the full capabilities of Vectorworks software, explore future technologies and learn how our Cloud Services updates can help them work more efficiently," said Powell.
About Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc.
Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. is the developer of Vectorworks software, a line of industry-specific CAD and BIM solutions that allow designers to easily capture, develop and communicate their ideas with accuracy and efficiency. With more than half a million users around the world, Vectorworks software is a global leader in 3D design technologies for the AEC, landscape and entertainment industries. Nemetschek Vectorworks was founded in 1985 and has been a part of The Nemetschek Group since its acquisition in 2000. For more information, visit http://www.vectorworks.net.