"We are integrating Prevention Services with our behavioral & primary healthcare focus to allow for even better outcomes for our citizens," said Dr. Monteic A. Sizer, NE Delta HSA Executive Director.
Monroe, LA (PRWEB) May 14, 2015
The Department of Health and Hospitals (DHH) Office of Behavioral Health (DHH) released its Prevention Services Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2015 Process Outcome Report this week. The report shows that NE Delta HSA leads statewide efforts in key areas listed within the report. These efforts translate into greater numbers of our children and youth equipped to lead healthy, productive lives.
Report data shows that NE Delta HSA:
- Leads all other Local Governing Entities statewide with 268,331 lessons completed in the classroom
- Is a leader statewide with more than 103,500 staff activities provided to the community, about double the number provided the entire previous fiscal year.
- In these staff activities, NE Delta HSA leads statewide efforts by serving 12,582 adults, 3,132 families, 1,331 citizens in faith-based groups, and 1,543 teachers/administrators. The research-based prevention curriculums in the NE Delta HSA region reduce the risk of engagement in negative behaviors such as bullying, underage drinking and prescription drug abuse.
- Leads statewide in staff activities to 33,767 elementary, middle school and high school students and 16,464 youth
- Increased the number of participants served through agency staff activities by more than 50% since the first quarter of FY 2015.
In addition to school-based curriculums, NE Delta HSA and its trusted partners provide corollary services to children, their families and communities year-round with innovative, cost-effective evidence-based programs and solutions that reduce the risk of developing addictions and the onset of behavioral disorders.
“We continue to build upon NE Delta HSA Prevention services to help maximize tax-payers’ dollars with impactful Prevention programs,” said Dr. Monteic A. Sizer, NE Delta HSA Executive Director. “We are targeting our efforts to better integrate prevention services and activities with our clinical and behavioral & primary healthcare focus, which allows for better outcomes for the citizens in our region.”
“Consumer confidence and transparency are important to the Office of Behavioral Health (OBH). We are embracing innovation to meet the needs of our citizens throughout Louisiana,” said Dr. Leslie Brougham Freeman, Director of Prevention Services for Louisiana OBH. “We will continue to use evidence-based practices to provide quality, cost-effective prevention services to our populations.”
“We aim for our Prevention programs to reduce negative health indicators,” said Dr. Sizer. “However, if more intensive services are needed, our citizens have better access than ever to quality, competent services for serious behavioral health issues, addictive disorders and developmental disabilities, delivered with excellent customer service.”
Click here to view the OBH 3rd Quarter SFY 2015 Prevention Services Process Outcomes report on the NE Delta HSA website. Organizations that seek to help NE Delta HSA provide a continuum of meaningful services to our citizens can click here for more information.
# # #
About Northeast Delta Human Services Authority (Northeast Delta HSA)
Northeast Delta HSA directs the operation of community-based programs to improve the quality of life of people with major mental illness, developmental disabilities and addictive disorders. Northeast Delta HSA is devoted to deliver programs and services that encourage people to reach their true human potential. Three tenets guide our efforts: excellent customer service, greater access to services and competent, quality care. Northeast Delta HSA serves citizens in 12 parishes of northeastern Louisiana: Caldwell, East Carroll, West Carroll, Ouachita, Lincoln, Madison, Franklin, Morehouse, Jackson, Tensas, Richland and Union. For more information, please visit our website or call 318-362-3270.
Northeast Delta HSA Public Information Director
2513 Ferrand Street, Monroe, LA 71201
NE Delta HSA Press & Media
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter