Louisville, Ky. (PRWEB) May 18, 2015
The Midwest Institutional Real Estate Investment Summit (#MidwestRealEstateSummit), which returns to Louisville on Wednesday, June 17, has arranged expert panels that will be providing perspectives on real estate investment and development trends.
Presented by the Real Estate Venture Exchange and the Kentucky CCIM Chapter, the inaugural event in 2014 attracted more than 150 professionals who heard industry executives share their experience with acquiring, financing and developing major projects.
The event is open to investors, developers, service providers and others involved in the development and financing of commercial real estate. Tickets and attendance information are available at http://www.revellc.org and http://www.kyccim.org.
Executives on the developer/principal panel include:
- Mike Garcia, Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President, Acquisitions and Development, Omni Hotels and Resorts, Dallas. Garcia and his team will be guiding a $289 million project to construct a 600-room Omni Hotel in downtown Louisville. He has been associated with the purchase of six resorts in 2013 and the development of three convention center hotels in the last five years in Fort Worth, Nashville and Dallas.
- Jeremy Stephenson, President and Principal, Milhaus Ventures, Indianapolis. Stephenson has led complex urban mixed-use public-private partnerships, including the recently developed $425 million JW Marriott convention center hotel in downtown Indianapolis.
- Matt Cohoat, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Becknell Industrial, Indianapolis. A 20-year real estate industry veteran, Cohoat is widely recognized for his management of key banking and institutional investor relationships.
- Moderator Reed Weinberg, President and Principal of PRG Investments, Louisville. He oversees all aspects of the company’s brokerage and investment operations. He has nearly 20 years of experience in brokerage, investment and property management.
On the capital/investment panel:
- William Lafferty, Managing Director, HanoverStreet, Atlanta. (Deutsche Bank CMBS unit). Lafferty oversees the regional office's commercial real estate finance and investment transactions, from originations, structured finance, loan servicing, restructures, foreclosures and bankruptcies to joint venture equity agreements and development loans.
- Michael Vu, Vice President, Artemis Real Estate Partners, Washington. His private equity investment company has $1.8 billion of investor equity under management, and he directs the acquisition and asset management activities for certain Fund strategies of Artemis.
- Moderator Geoff White, Real Estate Service Team Leader, Frost Brown Todd, Louisville. White represents lenders, loan servicers, borrowers, owners, investors, developers and managers in the financing, workout, servicing, purchase, sale, development and management of commercial real estate and healthcare properties.
This year's featured speaker is Mark A. Denien, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Duke Realty Corporation, an Indianapolis-based company that owns, maintains an interest in or has under development more than 150 million rentable square feet of industrial and office assets in 22 major U.S. metropolitan areas.
The event is co-hosted by the Real Estate Venture Exchange, a regional organization whose mission is to connect commercial real estate owners and developers with funding sources, and the Kentucky CCIM chapter, an organization that provides commercial and investment real estate education and networking opportunities.
“This is a terrific lineup of real estate and investment experts, and I'm sure these discussions will produce actionable information that can be put to work immediately," said Bob Ogden, President of REVE. "We're excited about the depth and knowledge of the panels, and how this event helps further REVE's mission of bringing together these resources."
Said Kentucky CCIM President Tim Gramig: "The Kentucky CCIM Chapter is honored to be a co-host of the now annual Midwest Real Estate Investment Summit held in Louisville, Kentucky! Our partnership with REVE has been beneficial for both organizations and our geographic reach has extended far beyond Kentucky. This year our distinguished panelists include significant players from both the developer and capital/investment sides of the commercial real estate industry with participants from as far away as Atlanta, Washington, DC and Indianapolis. We look forward to a very informative and well attended event.”
The half-day Summit begins at 10 a.m. and will be held at the Ice House in downtown Louisville. Tickets are $50 in advance for REVE and CCIM members, and $60 for non- members. Additional information is available on the REVE and CCIM websites.
Frost Brown Todd (http://www.frostbrowntodd.com) is sponsoring the Summit. CCIM Event Sponsors are Business First, KCREA and First Call Insurance Claims.
Established in 1954, the CCIM Institute was established to give commercial real estate practitioners a previously unrealized opportunity to further their business practices through focused commercial and investment real estate education and networking opportunities. The CCIM designation is recognized as a hallmark of professional competency. Since 1979, the Kentucky CCIM Chapter has been recognized as the premier real estate organization across the state. http://www.kyccim.org.
REVE is a regional organization whose mission is to connect commercial real estate owners and developers with funding sources and professionals who serve those groups. Its quarterly meetings and special events feature real estate thought leaders and presentations from developers seeking capital. REVE members include commercial real estate decision makers, private investors, real estate oriented funds and institutions, banks, insurance companies and institutional sources of debt capital. For membership or meeting information, visit http://www.revellc.org