“The fairground is a gathering place for people living in communities across the Midwest. People living and working in rural areas know the needs of their local fairgrounds,” said Director of Advertising and Community Relations Barb Baker.
(PRWEB) May 20, 2015
Ten fairground improvement projects are finalists for Grinnell Mutual’s Fairground Facelift initiative to support local fairgrounds across the Midwest. With help from Facebook fans, Grinnell Mutual will distribute a total of $3,500 to three Midwestern fairgrounds.
“The fairground is a gathering place for people living in communities across the Midwest. People living and working in rural areas know the needs of their local fairgrounds,” said Director of Advertising and Community Relations Barb Baker. “Their votes on Grinnell Mutual’s Front Porch Facebook page will decide which projects receive Fairground Facelift grants.”
Fairground Facelift Finalists:
- Jasper County Fairgrounds, Rensselaer, Ind.: Renovate grandstands by replacing wooden seats with aluminum and installing railings on aisles, making them safer and more accessible.
- Hardin County Fairgrounds, Eldora, Iowa: Install heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and gas line for the Civilian Conservation Corps/Prisoner of War building.
- Webster County Fair, Bladen, Neb.: Build "Terry's Perch," a new announcer's box, which will replace the current unsafe, outdated announcer's box used for rodeo and horse shows.
- Boone County Fair, Boone, Iowa: Expand the 4-H food stand, creating a teaching kitchen and a year-round public gathering space with restrooms.
- Caldwell County Fairgrounds, Kingston, Mo.: Replace primary livestock pole barn, which has numerous structural issues.
- Welles Memorial Park, Breckenridge, Minn.: Update seating at the current fairgrounds with handicap-accessible tables and benches.
- Madison County Fairgrounds, Winterset, Iowa: Replace broken wooden picnic tables with metal ones.
- Chisago County Fairgrounds, Rush City, Minn.: Modernize the fairground restrooms to accommodate families and seniors.
- Summit County Fair, Tallmadge, Ohio: Build a vertical farming greenhouse to demonstrate vertical farming techniques.
- Kidder County Fairgrounds, Steele, N.D.: Replace crumbling concrete floor in the stalls of the main fair barn.
Beginning Monday, May 18, 10 a.m. Central Time, Grinnell Mutual invites the public to vote for project finalists to receive grants on the company’s Front Porch Facebook page. To vote for a project visit Grinnell Mutual’s Front Porch Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/GrinnellMutualFrontPorch or https://www.grinnellmutual.com/content/fairground-facelift and click the ‘Vote’ button on the fairground project photo.
Grinnell Mutual encourages voters to tell their friends on Facebook to vote for the fairground project they care about most. Facebook users may vote once per day. Voting ends Wednesday, June 3, 3:00 p.m. Central Time. The three finalists with the most votes will receive $2,000, $1,000, and $500, respectively.
About Grinnell Mutual
Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company, in business since 1909, provides reinsurance for farm mutual insurance companies and property and casualty insurance products through more than 1,600 independent agents in 12 Midwestern states. Grinnell Mutual is the 120th largest property-casualty insurance company in the United States and the largest primary reinsurer of farm mutual companies in North America.