Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) May 19, 2015
G DATA, the world’s longest standing antivirus protection provider founded in Germany, today announced G DATA Generation 13.2 which includes enhanced Mobile Device Management (MDM) and support for iOS mobile devices. Additionally, G DATA also announced today that its USB KEYBOARD GUARD offering is now included in all updated business solutions, providing protection against attacks by BadUSB devices.
“The updated G DATA Generation 13.2 is setting a new standard in network security. Thanks to enhanced Mobile Device Management, iOS devices are now integrated into the central management of the corporate IT infrastructure, helping companies take a more comprehensive approach to protecting their data,” said Walter Schumann, Board Member of G DATA Software AG. “We’ve added a lot of new security features and functionality in G DATA Business Solutions 13.2 that underscore our continued commitment to providing the best-in-class security to our worldwide customers.”
Android and iOS mobile devices as fully-fledged clients
According to IDC, over 90 percent of mobile devices sold worldwide have an Android or iOS operating system installed. Android and iOS mobile devices are now integrated as fully-fledged clients in the G DATA network solutions 13.2. The enhanced MDM that is integrated into all G DATA business solutions now provides administrators with a convenient overview of all Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, in addition to Microsoft Windows- and Linux-based computers. Relevant security settings can be applied via the central management console, such as configuring security profiles that bring company-specific IT policies into effect and setting up theft protection.
No opportunity for manipulated USB sticks
In August 2014, G DATA was the world’s first IT security company to develop USB KEYBOARD GUARD as an effective security tool and immediate response to the threat from BadUSBs, winning the EU's IPACSO community project innovation prize. The technology provides effective protection against manipulated USB devices that pretend to be keyboards and thus enable an attacker to take control of the system (BadUSB). USB KEYBOARD GUARD is now a fixed component of all G DATA business solutions. The function can be easily controlled via the central management console. IT administrators receive reports on blocked and approved USB keyboards.
Effective protection against spam email
The average employee receives 12 spam emails a day (source: The Radicati Group). The G DATA MailSecurity add-on module offers the option of a centrally-administered and fully-integrated antispam function for Microsoft Exchange servers.
Additional updates in the G DATA Version 13.2 Network Solutions include:
- G DATA ANTIVIRUS BUSINESS: The network solution protects company networks using proven, multiple award-winning antivirus technology. G DATA ANTIVIRUS BUSINESS is controlled via the central management console and automatically protects all servers, workstations, notebooks and Android and iOS devices – without slowing them down.
- G DATA CLIENT SECURITY BUSINESS: G DATA CLIENT SECURITY BUSINESS offers the best possible all-round protection for company data of any type. The integrated active hybrid protection uses both signature-based and proactive security technologies, and combines them into a bullet-proof barrier against cyber attacks, malware, sabotage and data theft.
- G DATA ENDPOINT PROTECTION BUSINESS: G DATA ENDPOINT PROTECTION BUSINESS protects companies in multiple ways at once. Active hybrid protection secures IT systems reliably against all online risks and reacts to new threats in seconds. Besides malware protection, a firewall and an antispam module, the network solution also features PolicyManager, which administrators can use to guarantee adherence to their guidelines in terms of Internet, device and software usage.
- G DATA MANAGED ENDPOINT SECURITY: Companies that do not have a dedicated IT department need not compromise when it comes to security, thanks to G DATA MANAGED ENDPOINT SECURITY. G DATA MANAGED ENDPOINT SECURITY is an easy-to-use remote administration module that enables IT service providers to administer customers' networks, even when they cannot be there on site. Protection of business customers is combined with the convenience of managed services in one all-round, worry-free package for partners and their customers.
G DATA ANTIVIRUS BUSINESS, G DATA CLIENT SECURITY BUSINESS, G DATA ENDPOINT PROTECTION BUSINESS and G DATA MANAGED ENDPOINT SECURITY can be enhanced by G DATA MailSecurity and a central backup module for clients. The mail server-independent gateway solution checks all incoming and outbound emails and protects the mail server, e.g. Exchange or Notes. Also available is the powerful PatchManagement, which enables administrators to promptly close known software vulnerabilities, without needing to bother with the various provider-specific update mechanisms – before criminals can exploit them for attacks.
At a glance key features of G DATA Network Solutions 13.2 include:
- Comprehensive, resource-saving protection against online risks, thanks to the integrated G DATA CloseGap technology.
- Enhanced G DATA Mobile Device Management: integration of all Android and iOS devices as fully-fledged clients within the protective shield.
- G DATA BankGuard module for secure online payment transactions.
- USB KEYBOARD GUARD provides clients with reliable protection against malicious USB devices.
- Integrated protection against spam and infected email.
- Full functionality even outside of the network, e.g. for external sales employee laptops and other mobile devices.
- A clear dashboard that displays all relevant information in a user-friendly way.
- Software and hardware directories for all clients, for easier administration by displaying a detailed inventory.
- Remote administration possible from anywhere, thanks to the web interface.
- A surf filter blocks any websites that are not associated with everyday work.
- Optional powerful PatchManagement module to promptly close software security holes.
Trial version available
G DATA will provide interested customers with a free trial version in order to experience the effectiveness of the enhanced Mobile Device Management in the current business solutions. Further information can be found on the G DATA product page: [https://www.gdata-software.com/business-solutions
About G DATA Software
IT security was invented in Germany: G DATA Software AG is the antivirus pioneer. It was more than 28 years ago that the company, founded in Bochum in 1985, developed the first program to combat computer viruses. These days, G DATA is one of the world's leading providers of IT security solutions.
Test results prove that IT security "Made in Germany" offers Internet users the best possible protection. Stiftung Warentest has been testing Internet security products since 2005. In all eight tests performed between 2005 and 2015, G DATA achieved the best virus detection rate. In comparative tests by AV-TEST, G DATA regularly demonstrates the best results in the detection of computer malware. Internationally, G DATA INTERNET SECURITY has also been awarded best Internet security package by independent consumer magazines – in countries such as Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and the USA.
The product range comprises security solutions for end customers as well as medium to large-sized enterprises. G DATA security solutions are available in more than 90 countries worldwide.
For more information about the company and G DATA security solutions, see http://www.gdatasoftware.com