WACO, Texas (PRWEB) May 18, 2015
Water features are a valuable addition to residential and commercial landscape designs. According to the experts at The Grounds Guys, water features added this spring can provide curb appeal as well as a quiet, tranquil place of respite for property owners and visitors during the upcoming hot days of summer. There are many types of water features popular with owners, including ponds, fountains, waterfalls, birdbaths and even artwork.
Consider the following reasons property owners should add a water feature to enhance curb appeal and tranquility in their lawn:
- They’re a stylish landscape element. Water features are eye-catching and offer an effective way to make any home unique and one-of-a-kind.
- They promote relaxation. The sound of running water provides therapeutic benefits and creates a tranquil and ambient environment, perfect for relaxing.
- They can improve mental health. Water features are not only a beautiful addition to a landscape, but also have healing effects. The soothing sounds of running water can lower blood pressure and lower stress.
- They benefit the local environment. Ponds, birdbaths and fountains attract wildlife such as birds and dragonflies, creating a pleasant environment in a landscape. All living creatures need water for survival. Water features can also improve air quality.
- They can increase the property value of the home. Improving the appearance of the outdoor spaces of a home can increase the real estate value by up to 20 percent. Water features are a stylish addition to any yard and will increase curb appeal.
- They bring the sounds of nature to your own landscape. The sound of running water absorbs other noises. Not only do water features cut down on noise pollution, but also create their own soothing sounds for homeowners to enjoy.
- They’re low maintenance. Water features are less expensive and require less regular maintenance than swimming pools, and they pose less safety risks for homes with small children.
- They can be adapted to any size to fit a landscape. If a homeowner has a small yard, a water feature could be the perfect addition as they come in many sizes. Most water features do not require much space.
If you have questions about designing, planning and installing water features on a residential or commercial property, the experts at The Grounds Guys can help. Ask The Grounds Guys any questions you have about using water as part of your comprehensive landscape design. You can reach them at 855-414-3430 or visit GroundsGuys.com.