72% of US Employees Feel Disengaged, Reveals New Corporate Study From DeskAlerts

Share Article

A new study from DeskAlerts has revealed that just 28% of US employees feel engaged within their workplace.

Communication has long been pegged as the key to corporate success, however a new study from DeskAlerts has revealed that just 28% of US employees feel engaged within their workplace. The remaining 72% admitted that they feel disconnected and detached from working environments, employers and fellow employees. Internal communications software provider DeskAlerts is advocating for greater employee engagement with its state-of-the-art corporate messaging tool that can be integrated into any network.

For businesses, disengaged employees represent colossal losses. In just 12 months, DeskAlerts uncovered that US enterprises throw away up to up to $540 billion per annum as a direct result of failing to connect with workers. From blue chip corporations, healthcare providers, hospitality groups, education institutions, web companies, customer service units and more, the employee-oriented software is an indispensable asset for any sector.

Anton Vdovin, Project Manager at DeskAlerts, said, “It’s alarming to see that such a large segment of US employees feel unconnected with their workplaces. At the end of the day, disengaged employees lower productivity, bring down workplace moods and ultimately, jeopardize bottom lines. Every enterprise should have an in-depth appreciation for the value of engaged employees, and how to create them. As a purpose built corporate messaging tool DeskAlerts has been engineered to help businesses build workforces that are engaged, responsive and communicative.”

In the wake of unearthing the alarming statistics, DeskAlerts has identified four key areas that drive employee engagement - opportunity, recognition, communication and work process. Given the fact that a huge 78% of employees admit to feeling disconnected from their workplaces, it’s clear that US corporations need to refocus their radars on improving in these four areas. Every workplace is unique and DeskAlerts is urging corporations to consider whether they are falling short in more than one of these key engagement areas. In some workplaces, a poorly defined work process and failure of management to offer employees ample recognition cold be key contributors to disengagement. In others, lack of opportunity for advancement and a culture of poor communication could be triggering feelings of disconnection. The key is to identify areas of underperformance, and take steps to restore them.

Web based messaging system DeskAlerts is an invaluable tool for businesses wanting to boost employee engagement within the workplace. The software can be integrated into any corporate system and used to communicate with employees and encourage participation. Administrators enjoy a vast degree of flexibility over how they leverage the software, with pop-up notifications, RSS feeds, images, audio clips and corporate screen savers all available as content options. As well as being used to relay company information DeskAlerts notifications can also be used to recognize employee achievements and add a valuable social element to everyday corporate communication.

Rather than rely on employees having to open up an email messages immediately pop-up on the desktop. This eliminates the risk of employees forgetting to read the email, dismissing it as invalid or simply deleting content. Administrators can then be certain that all employees are being engaged and communicated with on a daily basis.

To sign up for a free trial of DeskAlerts software, go to: http://www.alert-software.com/demo/

To find out more about DeskAlerts and how the corporate messaging tool can help businesses boost employee engagement, visit the website at: http://www.alert-software.com

About

DeskAlerts is the alert software that works in technologically and geographically diverse networks. It is a completely web-based solution that can be used to send desktop alerts and news updates to any employee within your organization, improving communications and productivity with a more efficient communication strategy than traditional email alone. View the DeskAlerts video to find out more.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Natasha Chudnova
DeskAlerts
+1 (703) 881-3166
Email >
Visit website