Tucker, GA (PRWEB) June 05, 2015
Correct posture helps prevent muscle strains and stress on ligaments, allows muscles to work efficiently and keeps bones and joints in correct alignment.
Standing properly is a good place to start improving posture, according to Georgia Chiropractic Association President Charles Weiss, D.C., of Roswell, who recommends the following:
- Bear weight on the balls of the feet, with knees bent slightly.
- Feet should be about shoulder-width apart.
- Arms should hang naturally down the sides of the body.
- Stand straight and tall with shoulders pulled backward and stomach tucked in.
- Keep the head level with earlobes in line with shoulders. Do not push it forward, backward or to the side.
“Many things can cause poor posture, such as standing with your weight on one foot and your hip pushed out, added weight or tight muscles,” he said.
The Georgia Chiropractic Association represents the entire chiropractic community in Georgia and is committed to the promotion and improvement of health and wellness. GCA has been serving doctors of chiropractic and their patients by promoting legislation, hosting educational programs and providing information and resources since 1912.