Roseland, NJ (PRWEB) May 26, 2015
State and national leaders in the ambulatory surgery center (ASC) industry will come together on Thursday, June 18, 2015, for the 7th Annual NJASC Review: Navigating Tomorrow at Borgata, 1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, N.J. The event is sponsored by Brach Eichler LLC (http://www.bracheichler.com), a full-service law firm based in Roseland, N.J. The NJASC Review addresses the latest legal and business issues that affect New Jersey’s ambulatory surgery center industry.
The event will feature a “who’s who” of noted faculty from the healthcare and ASC fields; legal experts, including partners from Brach Eichler; business leaders in sales, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions, and New Jersey legislators.
“With the ever-changing healthcare, regulatory and business environment, this is a must-attend event for anyone in New Jersey’s ambulatory surgery center sector,” said Program Chair Mark Manigan, a partner in the health law practice at Brach Eichler. “Attendees will learn about crucial updates regarding ASC regulatory issues and business conditions that will directly affect their facilities’ operations now and in the future.”
The agenda for the 7th Annual NJASC Review covers a wide range of pertinent topics including:
- Welcoming remarks by Mark Manigan, Partner, Brach Eichler and Larry Trenk, Regional Vice President, USPI, President, NJAASC
- Hot Button Regulatory Enforcement Issues and Litigation – Presented by Brach Eichler partners Riza I. Dagli, Charles X. Gormally and Keith J. Roberts.
- The New Jersey Healthcare Delivery System: State of Play – A panel discussion moderated by Mark Manigan with Joseph H. Berardo, President and CEO, MagnaCare; Jay Picerno, COO and CFO Barnabas Health; and Michael West, CEO, Rothman Institute.
- Latest Trends in ASC Mergers and Acquisitions – Henry H. Bloom, Founder and President and Robert Goettling, Principal, The Bloom Organization, LLC
- Key Public Policy Issues Facing ASCs – Moderator Lawrence Downs Esq., President & CEO, Medical Society of New Jersey leads a legislators panel with Assemblyman Herb Conaway, Jr., Chair, Health and Senior Services Committee; Assemblyman Louis D. Greenwald, Majority Leader, New Jersey State Assembly, and Senator Joseph F. Vitale, Chair, Health, Human Services & Senior Citizens Committee (invited).
- Viewing the ASC Industry from a National Perspective – Brett Brodnax, President, Chief Development Officer, United Surgical Partners International; Andrew P. Hayek, President, CEO, Surgical Care Affiliates, and Chris A. Holden, President, Chief Executive Officer & Director, AmSurg.
- Analysis of the New Jersey Healthcare Market: Where We Are Now and Where We Are Headed – Kevin P. Conlin, Executive Vice President, Healthcare Management, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
- A Path to Liquidity: How to Sell a One Room ASC – Moderated by Mark Manigan with presenters Henry H. Bloom, Founder and President, The Bloom Organization, LLC and Matthew S. Fulton, FACHE, Senior Vice President, Business Development, Barnabas Health.
- Latest Trends in Independent Physician Practice -- Moderator John D. Fanburg, Managing Member and Health Law Chair, Brach Eichler with Richard Maglin, CPA, Partner, Maglin, Miskiv & Associates, CPA, and John H. Hajjar, M.D., CEO, Sovereign Medical Services.
- Hot Topics: Medicaid and NJDOH Inspections – Stefanie Mozgai, Director of Facility Survey & Field Operations, NJ Department of Health, and Captain Victoria Vachon, NE BC, RAC-CT, MBA/MSN, Survey Branch Manager, DHHS/Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- New Jersey Board of Medical Examiners Oversight of One Room ASCs – Moderator: Edward Hetrick, President and CEO, Facility Development & Management, LLC with Bindi Merchant, Deputy Attorney General, NJ Board of Medical Examiners; Sandra Murray, Enforcement Bureau Investigator, NJ Board of Medical Examiners, and Sindy Paul, M.D., Medical Director, NJ Board of Medical Examiners.
- What is Your ASC Worth? Latest Guidance on ASC Valuations -- Aaron Murski, Senior Manager, VMG Health.
- Hot Topics: NJDOH Licensure and Surgical Practice Registration and ASC Accreditation – Moderator John D. Fanburg with Eugene L. Brenycz, JD, MPA, Health Systems Specialist I, Certificate of Need & Healthcare Facility Licensure, NJ Department of Health, and Joan Balducci, President, NTF Management, LLC, Executive Director, NJAASC.
“There will also be an exhibitor expo, a networking luncheon and cocktail party, and pre-conference gatherings for faculty and exhibitors,” noted Event Coordinator and Brach Eichler Health Law Partner Debra Lienhardt. “The NJASC Review has become a much anticipated educational and networking event for anyone directly involved in or associated with New Jersey’s ASC industry.”
Full conference details including presenters, seminars and registration information are at http://www.bracheichler.com/?p=6840.
About Brach Eichler LLC
Brach Eichler’s health care practice offers an array of services to clients across the health care field in such areas as physician and hospital contracts; corporate governance and compliance; health care mergers and acquisitions, administrative and judicial litigation; and state and federal regulatory advice. Clients reflect a cross-section of the health care industry, including large physician groups, individual practitioners, hospitals and hospital systems, medical staff organizations, physician specialty societies, health care trade associations, from long-term care facilities, home health agencies, and patients and providers seeking insurance coverage and proper reimbursement. The Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business included Brach Eichler as having among the five leading health care law practices in New Jersey.
Brach Eichler LLC is a full-service law firm based in Roseland, N.J. with offices in New York, N.Y. and Palm Beach, Fla. With nearly 65 attorneys, the firm is focused in the following practice areas: health care, real estate (including environmental, land use and tax appeals), litigation, trusts and estates, employment, and business & finance. Brach Eichler attorneys have been recognized by clients and peers alike in Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA, and New Jersey Super Lawyers. Visit http://www.bracheichler.com.