"With so many millions of Americans struggling with hearing loss, including young adults, we wanted to provide a low cost, effective alternative to hearing aids to help those with mild to moderate hearing loss"- Bxtel founder Ben Tyler
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) May 28, 2015
Bxtel LLC, a mobile applications company focused on healthcare, released Enhanced Ears, its new app that enables an Apple iPhone to function like a hearing aid. More than 36 million Americans incur hearing loss, which can significantly impact quality of life. However, many resist seeking help or wearing hearing aids because of significant cost, potential discomfort and embarrassment.
The Enhanced Ears iPhone app can be an affordable, discreet and effective alternative to hearing aids for those with mild to moderate hearing loss. The app helps users hear better in everyday situations such as watching TV or talking with friends.
"With so many millions of Americans struggling with hearing loss, including young adults, we wanted to provide a low cost, effective alternative to hearing aids to help those with mild to moderate hearing loss,” said Ben Tyler, Bxtel founder.
Users can purchase Enhanced Ears in the Apple App Store for $39.99. It does not collect personal data or run ads. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and requires iOS 8.0 or later. For best results, use an iPhone 5, 5S, 6 or 6 Plus.
How Does Enhanced Ears Work?
Enhanced Ears is used with earbuds or headphones and uses the iPhone’s microphone.
1. The app guides the user through a hearing test.
2. The app uses the hearing test results to automatically calibrate its hearing aid functionality.
3. Once calibrated, users simply tap the “On” switch.
4. Users point their device’s microphone in the direction of the sound they want to hear.
Enhanced Ears Advantages Over a Traditional Hearing Aid:
· Significantly lower cost, about $40 compared to $1,000 to $6,000
· Immediate help - no waiting to see a doctor or be fitted for a hearing aid
· Free upgrades
· No need to buy and replace batteries - just recharge the iPhone
· Users can recalibrate the app whenever they choose, no need to see a doctor
· More comfortable since user chooses which earbuds or headphones to use
· Less embarrassing and more discreet
Based in Dallas, Texas, Bxtel (http://www.bxtel.com) specializes in mobile applications for the healthcare industry. Bxtel offers a variety of apps that are designed with one purpose in mind — provide assistance and relief to those who suffer from mild to moderate hearing loss and tinnitus (ringing ears).
Using sound therapy techniques, sound amplification or a combination of both, Bxtel apps are an affordable and effective solution to help alleviate some of the discomfort and frustration associated with tinnitus and hearing loss. See http://www.MyHearingApps.com for more information.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.