We are very grateful for the leadership of John Sorensen in the post-acute care industry
(PRWEB) May 27, 2015
“Nursing Homes are starting to supplant hospitals as focus of basic health care,” reads the title of a recent April 2015 New York Times article. While Americans, in practice, tend to take elderly loved ones to the hospital, 20-plus years of research have documented the risks of hospitalization for older adults. This research shows that high-quality nursing homes are both safer for older patients and less costly than hospitals.
With the quality of nursing homes varying widely, patients and family members may worry whether a nursing home can provide good care. In light of this need, the Association of Skilled Nursing Providers, North American Health Care, and John Sorensen announce a new national directory site, called BestNursingHomes.com.
BestNursingHomes.com, launching on May 27, 2015, National Senior Health and Fitness Day, is a website, provided free to the public, that lists five-star nursing homes and rehabilitation centers rated by Medicare. ASNP’s mission is to educate the public about best practices in skilled nursing and to work with skilled nursing providers to promote high-quality post-acute care.
While numerous directory sites list skilled nursing facilities, BestNursingHomes.com has several unique features:
- BestNursingHomes.com lists ONLY the best sites, preapproved by Medicare as some of the top facilities in the state.
- There is no sales center to interrupt the user experience. Best Nursing Homes is run by a nonprofit organization whose public mission is to make people aware of high-quality facilities. This is a free list.
- No personal information is required.
- Users may contact nursing homes directly via phone or by sending an email using the contact form.
- Slideshows and videos showcase facilities. Facilities that have chosen upgraded listings are able to post slideshow photos and videos for user review.
- Public reviews evaluate others’ experiences. Best Nursing Homes uses proprietary software to get real reviews from real residents and family members.
Best Nursing Homes has been made possible by the generous donation of North American Health Care and its CEO, John Sorensen. John has made it his life's work to serve the elderly population and has sponsored the development of BNH and donated it to the ASNP for use. “We are very grateful for the leadership of John Sorensen in the post-acute care industry,” said Amy Osmond Cook, Ph.D., Executive Director of the Association of Skilled Nursing Providers. “John is a leader in his field, a generous philanthropist, and a great example of someone who places serving the patient above anything else. We are proud to be associated with John and North American Health Care and grateful for his support to promote best practices in skilled nursing.”
For more information about Best Nursing Homes or the Association of Skilled Nursing Providers, please contact Dr. Cook at amy(at)skillednursingproviders(dot)org or 949-813-0182.