London, United Kingdom (PRWEB UK) 28 May 2015
Eandis is responsible for distributing natural gas and electricity to an extensive network across 234 towns, cities and municipalities in Belgium. Like many other utility companies across Europe that are currently installing smart meters for consumers, each country is meeting these goals within different time frames. Currently the UK is at a crucial stage in the road towards full roll outs and gas, electricity and some water suppliers face similar challenges in managing existing meter assets and planning for the roll out and maintenance of smart meters.
Dirk Costrop, Project Manager Smart Meter Data Acquisition Smart Meter Programme from Eandis, will be speaking about this pertinent topic at SMi's 2nd Annual Meter Asset Management conference on 22-23 June in London, UK.
He will be discussing what energy suppliers expect from a smart meter and will also give unique insight into the top 7 things new meters should incorporate and what needs to be done to make these available.
This conference will cover issues relating to new smart meters as well as focus on looking at the retention of traditional metering and the many processes involved in switching them over. The unique and comprehensive programme will provide a platform to shed some light on the ongoing changes in meter asset management.
To view the full conference brochure please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2015meter23.asp
Reasons to Attend:
- Listen to an update on the SMDA
- Learn how to implement best practice being used across Europe
- Understand how to train and optimise your workforce
- Discuss how interoperability can be implemented
- Hear how to maximise the benefits of smart metering
Key Speakers Include:
- Brendan McGarry, Head of Service, SMDA Scheme Operator, Gemserv Ltd
- Senior Representative, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Neil Robertson, Chief Executive, EU skills
- Dennis Palmer, Head of GB Smart Metering Programme Liason, Smart Energy GB
- Stephen Dallas, SMART Meter Deployment Optimisation Manager, Deployment Operations Centre, EDF Energy
- Dirk Costrop, Project leader Smart Meter Data Acquisition, EANDIS
- Brian Stratton, Head of Distribution Capital Delivery , UK Power Networks
Attendees to this year’s event include:
Beama, Brookfield Utilities UK, EANDIS, EDF Energy, Electralink, Energy Saving Trust, EU skills, Fortum Power, Gemserv ltd, Imperial College London, Itron Metering Solutions UK Ltd, Lowri Beck, Macquarie, National Grid Metering, Northern Powergrid Metering Ltd, Scottish Power, Smart Energy GB, Smart Metering Systems plc, SSE PLC, Stedin, UK Power Networks and more…
For more information or to register please visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2015meter23.asp
Alternatively contact Andrew Gibbons on +44 (0) 207 827 6156 or email agibbons(at)smi-online.co.uk
-------------------------- END --------------------------
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk