“We have enhanced and rebranded our ID theft protection product to monitor what matters and provide expanded service for our members,” said Jeff Bell, CEO of LegalShield.
ADA, Okla, and New York (PRWEB) June 01, 2015
Responding to recent national data breaches which have potentially put millions of people at increased risk of identity theft, LegalShield and Kroll have launched IDShield, the only service providing consumers with direct access to Kroll’s team of Licensed Private Investigators. This product can be accessed by visiting LegalShield’s new product website, http://www.IDShield.com.
LegalShield has provided legal protection to millions of people for more than 40 years and has provided identity theft protection for 16 years through its exclusive relationship with Kroll, the global leader in risk mitigation and response solutions. To date, the partnership has safeguarded more than one million individuals, provided more than 200,000 personal identity consultations, and restored nearly 10,000 individual identities.
The launch of IDShield takes the current LegalShield identity theft protection product to a new level with pre-emptive monitoring, a $5 million service guarantee, and 24/7/365 emergency access to Kroll investigators. In addition, consumers can download an IDShield mobile app for their smartphone or tablet, providing one-click access to a U.S.-based advisor for assitance in handling both emergency and non-emergency issues.
“We have enhanced and rebranded our ID theft protection product to monitor what matters and provide expanded service for our members,” said Jeff Bell, CEO of LegalShield. Bell continued, “More and more people know that ID theft is a real threat, but what many don’t understand is that the most popular offerings provide a false sense of security. We built IDShield to pre-emptively monitor the identity theft indicators. We deliver a premier, innovative product so members can have real protection.”
While credit card fraud is the most costly result of personal data being misused – an estimated $8.6 billion annually– other types of ID theft can be harder to find and fix. “In reality, identity theft can compromise a lot more than your money,” Bell said. “We’ve seen how stolen personal information - like a driver’s license number, medical and insurance identification numbers, social security numbers - have led to devastating events such as false arrests, tax fraud and insurance fraud. Even your child’s personal information is at risk.”
According to Brian Lapidus, Managing Director and head of the Identity Theft and Breach Notification practice at Kroll, “We are delighted to partner with LegalShield and provide individuals the same level of service we have been offering our corporate clients for decades. No other consumer program provides access to Licensed Private Investigators to help restore a person’s identity and we are excited to extend our services to help solve a growing national issue.”
IDShield Product Information
- IDShield monitors an enrolled consumer’s (member) identity from multiple angles, including social security number, credit cards and bank accounts, but also, name, address, date of birth, drivers license and passport numbers, email addresses, phone numbers and medical id numbers.
- If a change in a member’s status occurs, the member receives an email update. If a member spots suspicious or fraudulent activity, he or she can contact a private investigator immediately and begin restoring his or her identity to its pre-theft status.
- IDShield’s mobile app allows a member to contact an identity-theft expert with the push of a button.
- IDShield’s advisors and Licensed Private Investigators are available for identity theft matters Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Time. In the event of a personal ID theft emergency, LegalShield advisors are available to direct members to a Kroll licensed private investigator 24/7/365.
- Daily updates to online dashboard monitoring enable members to see right away if there are changes that could indicate a potential ID theft.
- IDShield offers an individual plan to cover one person for $9.95/month and a family plan that can cover up to 10 family members/dependents for $19.95/month.
- LegalShield backs its promise that it will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes with a $5 million service guarantee for each member.
LegalShield is one of the nation’s leading providers of legal safeguards for individuals, families and small businesses. LegalShield also offers one of the industry’s most affordable identity theft plans, with identity theft protection for the entire family for the cost most competitors charge to cover a single individual. LegalShield legal plans cover more than 1.4 million families and 3.7 million lives across North America. More than 34,000 companies offer the LegalShield plan to their employees as a voluntary benefit. For as low as $20 per month, LegalShield members get access to attorneys with an average of 19 years of experience in such areas as family matters, estate planning, financial and business issues, consumer protection, tax, real estate, benefits disputes and auto/driving issues. Unlike other legal plans or do-it-yourself websites, LegalShield has dedicated law firms in 49 states and four provinces in Canada that members can call for help without having to worry about high hourly rates. In 2013 alone, LegalShield firms received more than 1.8 million calls from members. For more information, visit http://www.LegalShield.com or call 800-654-7757.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 40 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations, and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services. Headquartered in New York with more than 50 offices across nearly 30 countries, Kroll has a multidisciplinary team of over 2,000 employees and serves a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, non-takes with a $5 million service guarantee for each member.