(PRWEB) June 01, 2015
Strategic Radiology (SR) announced today that Rome Radiology Group (RRG) of Rome, GA has joined forces with the SR coalition of progressive, independent radiology groups geographically dispersed throughout the US. Through this alignment, RRG will now have access to collective resources in all aspects of radiology practice operations, patient safety, clinical quality, and deployment of subspecialized radiology services. With the addition of RRG, SR now consists of 22 member and affiliate US based radiology group practices.
“We are all very excited to be a part of this dynamic organization and look forward to the many opportunities for collaboration with other peer groups that have elected to align together under Strategic Radiology,” said Daniel Phillips, MD, vice president of RRG. “The value of this membership will help all of us at RRG to bring even greater value back to the patients and referring physicians with whom we have the privilege to work throughout our regional market area.”
Through affiliation with SR, groups can gain value for their practice and hospital partners in many ways, including participation in the SR Patient Safety Organization® (PSO), the Group Purchasing Organization (GPO), SR Subspecialty Teleradiology Partners® (SR-STP®) collaborative national reading pool, and SR® forums in which they can interact with their peers on both business operations and quality discussions. These products have been proven to bring value back to existing SR member groups that ultimately benefit the patients, physicians, and hospitals that put their trust in them.
“Rome Radiology’s decision to affiliate with the more than 1,300 physicians who comprise Strategic Radiology is just another demonstration of the momentum our organization is gaining within the healthcare industry,” said Arl Van Moore, Jr, MD, FACR, SR CEO. “With every additional member, we continue to grow our intelligence capital, which is shared across member groups, making us stronger than what is achievable outside the SR umbrella.”
Radiology groups interested in learning more about affiliating with SR can access additional information and connect with an SR contact through the organization’s website at: http://www.strategicradiology.org.
About Rome Radiology Group (RRG)
RRG has grown from a strong general radiology base in 1970 to the current 14 physician group of specialty and subspecialty physicians. The RRG physicians provide a broad range of progressive imaging services, including fluoroscopy-CT guided procedures; musculoskeletal MRI and intervention; breast MRI and intervention; PET/CT; body imaging including CT and MRI; neuroradiology; and ultrasound guided intervention including breast, liver, and kidney biopsy. All RRG physicians are ABR board certified and most have specialty fellowships, as well as medical school teaching appointments. Consultation with referring physicians is available 24/7 and facilitated by a unique, regional PACS network for access to images. RRG has a tradition of collegiality among physicians of all specialties, with frequent consultations during the workday in person and by telephone employing PACS. RRG has supported all imaging sites with development of new technologies, evaluating equipment purchases, setting imaging protocols, and daily on site supervision of imaging methods with emphasis on quality. RRG physicians are deeply involved in the community, including scouting, charitable organizations, and educational advancement in public and private schools. More information can be found on the RRG website at: http://www.romeradiology.com.
About Strategic Radiology (SR)
SR consists of 22 geographically diverse and forward thinking US based radiology group practices representing more than 1,300 radiologists. The goal of SR is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses.
More information can be found on the SR website at http://www.strategicradiology.org. Current SR members include:
- Advanced Radiology Services; Grand Rapids, MI
- Austin Radiological Association; Austin, TX
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY (affiliate member)
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- Charlotte Radiology; Charlotte, NC
- Diversified Radiology; Denver, CO
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Integra Imaging; Washington State (Inland Imaging and Seattle Radiologists)
- Jefferson Radiology; Hartford, CT
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Professional Radiology, Inc.; Cincinnati, OH (affiliate member)
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiant Imaging, Inc.; Pasadena, California including The Hill Medical Corporation and Arcadia Radiology Medical Group divisions
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA (affiliate member)
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Associates of South Florida; Miami, FL
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- Riverside Radiology and Interventional Associates; Columbus, OH
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA (affiliate member)
- Southwest Diagnostic Imaging; Phoenix, AZ and affiliates EDVI Medical Imaging and Scottsdale Medical Imaging and Valley Radiologists
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ