Food Lion customers have shown us their dedication to our military families year after year and we thank them for their generosity.
Salisbury, NC (PRWEB) June 02, 2015
Food Lion will continue its support of military families by hosting its sixth annual “Thriller on the Griller” events, starting June 4 through July 3 in several North Carolina and South Carolina locations. Each event will raise funds for Hope For The Warriors®, a national nonprofit dedicated to restoring a sense of self, restoring the family unit, and restoring hope for our service members and our military families.
Through these events, Food Lion customers will have several options to support Hope For The Warriors®. For a small donation, customers are able to purchase lunch donated by vendors and bid on silent auction items such as bicycles, golf bags, and autographed memorabilia at the “Thriller on the Griller” events.
In 2014, Food Lion provided more than $100,000 in donations and Food Lion gift cards to provide needed food and support to military families.
“We are humbled by Food Lion’s enthusiasm to partner with us for these events over the years,” said Robin Kelleher, Hope For The Warriors® President. “Food Lion customers have shown us their dedication to our military families year after year and we thank them for their generosity.”
“Food Lion offers "Thriller on the Griller" events as a fun and creative way for our customers to support our military members and their families,” said Joe Stock, director of operations for Food Lion and event organizer. “Last year, our vendors, customers, and associates helped us to raise more than $100,000 for Hope For The Warriors®. Whether it's in a Food Lion store, at "Thriller on the Griller"' events, or anywhere in our community, our customers can count on their local Food Lion team."
“Thriller on the Griller” events will be held from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the following locations:
- June 4 – Food Lion, 1000 Hwy 17 N. Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- June 5 – Food Lion, 9380 Ocean Hwy., Pawley’s Island, S.C.
- June 6 – Food Lion, 2608 Main St., Conway, S.C.
- June 7– Food Lion, 1430 S. Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- June 11 – Food Lion, 1401 N. Lake Park Blvd., Carolina Beach, N.C.
- June 12 – Food Lion, 5901 E. Oak Island Drive, Oak Island, N.C.
- June 13 – Food Lion, 1100 Sabbeth Horne Road, Holden Beach, N.C.
- June 14 – Food Lion, 1775 Clipperway, Sunset Beach, N.C.
- June 18 – Food Lion, 861 Piney Green Road, Jacksonville, N.C.
- June 19 – Food Lion, 128 College Plaza Drive, Jacksonville, N.C.
- June 20 – Food Lion, 175 Freedom Way, Jacksonville, N.C.
- June 25 – Food Lion, 2040 Wilmington Hwy, Jacksonville, N.C.
- June 26 – Food Lion, Route 50 Near Route 210, Surf City, N.C.
- June 27 – Food Lion, 965 Old Folkstone Road, Sneads Ferry, N.C.
- June 28 – Food Lion, 1409 W. Corbett Ave., Swansboro, N.C.
- June 30 – Food Lion, 5680 Hwy 41, Wallace, N.C.
- July 1 – Food Lion, 2200 Gum Branch Road, Jacksonville, N.C.
- July 2 – Food Lion, 8700 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, N.C.
- July 3 – Food Lion, 1010 W. Fort Macon Road, Atlantic Beach, N.C.
# # #
About Food Lion
Food Lion, based in Salisbury, N.C., since 1957, has more than 1,100 stores in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states and employs more than 63,000 associates. By leveraging its longstanding heritage of low prices and convenient locations, Food Lion is working to own the easiest full shop grocery experience in the Southeast, anchored by a strong commitment to affordability, freshness and the communities it serves.
Through Food Lion Feeds, the company has committed to provide 500 million meals to individuals and families in need by the end of 2020. Food Lion is a company of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group. For more information, visit http://www.foodlion.com
About Hope For The Warriors®
We believe those touched by military service can succeed at home by restoring their sense of self, family, and hope. Nationally, Hope For The Warriors® provides comprehensive support programs for service members, veterans, and military families that are focused on transition, health and wellness, peer engagement, and connections to community resources.
Hope For The Warriors® has earned a Four-Star Rating from Charity Navigator (http://www.charitynavigator.org) for four consecutive years. Charity Navigator is an independent organization that evaluates fiscal responsibility and accountability of nonprofits.
Hope For The Warriors® (Federal Tax ID 20-5182295) is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charity as defined in sections 509(A)(1) and 170(B)(1)(A)(VI) of the Internal Revenue Code. Combined Federal Campaign, CFC #27800.