CHICAGO (PRWEB) June 04, 2015
Firmwide, more than 180 attorneys and 32 practice areas were also acknowledged. The firm has received several awards from Chambers and Partners throughout the years, including the Chambers Global Awards “USA Law Firm of the Year,” five Chambers Awards for Excellence, and a Lifetime Achievement Award.
According to its website, Chambers and Partners, publisher of the annual guide, selects attorneys and practices for inclusion based on thousands of interviews with practicing lawyers and clients around the world. Attorneys, practice areas, and firms are ranked by placement in “bands,” with Band 1 being the highest placement. Attorneys can also be designated as a “Senior Statesman,” “Star Individual,” “Eminent Practitioner,” “Up and Coming,” or “Associate to Watch.”
The Greenberg Traurig Chicago attorneys recognized in the 2015 Chambers USA Guide include:
- Sean W. Bezark - Environmental
- John J. Buttita - Wealth Management: Central Region
- Andrew Cardonick - Banking & Finance
- Michael T. Fishman - Real Estate
- Alan R. Greenfield - Franchising
- Richard D. Harris - Intellectual Property
- Michael D. Karpeles - Labor & Employment
- Leslie A. Klein - Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Stephen A. Landsman - Corporate/M&A
- Matthew R. Lewin - Banking & Finance
- Peter H. Lieberman - Corporate/M&A
- Corey E. Light - Real Estate
- Nancy A. Peterman - Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Martha A. Sabol - Gaming & Licensing
- Keith J. Shapiro - Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Gary R. Silverman - Corporate/M&A: Private Equity
- Richard A. Sirus - Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation
In addition to the individuals recognized, the firm’s following practice areas were ranked in Chicago:
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate
For a complete listing of rankings, client and peer commentary, and editorial summaries by Chambers researches and editors, please click here.
About Greenberg Traurig – Chicago
Greenberg Traurig's Chicago office strives to be as dynamic and diverse as the city it calls home. Since its inception in 1999, it has grown from three attorneys to more than 150 today. Lawyers in Greenberg Traurig’s Chicago office represent a wide range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative start-ups, and practice in nearly every major practice area and industry. Offering local knowledge and broad experience, Greenberg Traurig’s Chicago lawyers work with their colleagues in Greenberg Traurig’s other offices in the United States and abroad to help clients achieve their objectives locally, nationally, and globally.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1800 attorneys serving clients from 37 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is among the “Power Elite” in the 2014 BTI Client Relationship Scorecard report, which assesses the nature and strength of law firms' client relationships. For additional information, please visit http://www.gtlaw.com.