Mowing patterns are a unique way to transform any property from ordinary to extraordinary.
WACO, Texas (PRWEB) June 04, 2015
Cutting grass can be an art. If property owners want to turn their lawns into a masterpiece, the experts at The Grounds Guys offer a few surprisingly simple mowing tricks that can help boost curb appeal and property value. The warmer weather in June means lawns need mowed more frequently, so it’s the perfect time to experiment with new, creative mowing patterns.
Proper mowing plays an essential role in maintaining a healthy lawn. Before property owners choose to enhance their lawns with a pattern, consider these basic mowing tips to keep grass in the best possible shape.
- Mow when grass is dry. Wet grass is more difficult to cut, and dry grass will help keep mowers running smoothly.
- Keep mower blades sharp to ensure a sharp, even cut.
- When mowing, try to maintain a consistent speed for the most even lines.
- Leave the mowing and lawn maintenance to the professionals.
Once property owners have mastered the basic mowing techniques, they may be ready to get creative and mow patterns into their grass. While there are many different patterns to try, consider these four ideas to get started on a lawn masterpiece.
- Mow a straight, even first stripe while keeping in mind a “line of sight” to use to guide the rest of the stripes.
- Mow in slow Y-turns rather than making sharp turns, which can damage grass, then start on the next stripe.
- Mow the perimeter of the lawn to create a smooth border.
- Start by mowing the first diagonal stripe down the center of the lawn, then mow another stripe right next to it.
- Drive around the edge of the lawn and mow a second stripe in the same direction, which creates one light stripe with two dark stripes next to it.
- Continue this pattern until both sides of the lawn are striped.
- Make the crossing stripes by making a diagonal first stripe in the opposite direction and making a return pass right next to it, just like the first time.
- Continue the same pattern, one stripe then two stripes back, until the lawn is completely cut.
- Starting in the innermost point, mow in a circle shape.
- Alternate directions mowing for each circle thereafter.
- This pattern is a good option for mowing around trees, flagpoles, etc.
- Mow a first stripe. For a smooth wave pattern, keep turns subtle and consistent throughout the design.
- Use the first wave as a guide to align the rest of the waves.
Mowing patterns are a unique way to transform any property from ordinary to extraordinary. The professionals at The Grounds Guys have the skills and expertise necessary to create beautiful lawn designs for both residential and commercial properties. Give them a call today at 855-414-3430 or visit GroundsGuys.com.