Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 09, 2015
Innovation Health, the Northern Virginia health plan owned 50-50 by Aetna Inc. and Inova Health System, represents a great example of an “alignment” structure, with the new health plan allowing the provider and carrier to tap into each other’s expertise to lower costs, grow market share and move to value-based payment. In the June 18 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, “Aetna’s Unique Joint Venture With Inova Health: A Case Study” will discuss the pros and cons of this innovative new partnership.
David Notari, chief executive officer of Innovation Health, and Erik Johnson, an independent consultant who works with hospital groups and health plans, will provide 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions. They will provide insider perspectives on key questions such as:
- Why did Aetna form a new insurance company in the joint venture with Inova, rather than developing an accountable care organization with the provider as Aetna has done in other markets?
- What challenges does a health plan joint venture pose for day-to-day operations and long-term strategic planning? How did Innovation Health overcome them?
- How did Innovation Health scale up to 175,000 members, win commercial accounts and successfully operate plans on Virginia’s public insurance exchange, without cannibalizing Aetna’s existing Virginia health plans?
- How did it structure outsourcing arrangements with Aetna and Inova to handle sales, marketing, claims processing, provider network development and other functions?
- Is the Innovation Health model replicable in other markets? What other paths are insurers and providers following to develop innovative new insurance models?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5m13_061815 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.