By listening to and partnering with our customers to bring them solutions they are asking for, CTS is rapidly evolving from a world-leading revenue collection company to a specialized systems integrator and technological innovator in public transportation
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (PRWEB) June 07, 2015
Cubic Transportation Systems(CTS), a business of Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) will showcase its most extensive line-up of demonstrations of specialized public transportation systems and services to date embodying the company’s NextCity vision and strategy at the 61st UITP (International Association of Public Transport) World Congress and Exhibition held in Milan, Italy, from June 8 to June 10. The biennial UITP is one of the industry’s leading conference and exhibitions focused on innovation in public transport. With the theme of “Smile in the City,” this year’s event is anticipated to attract hundreds of industry leaders to discuss the major challenges and opportunities facing public transport today.
“By listening to and partnering with our customers to bring them the solutions they are asking for, CTS is rapidly evolving from a world-leading revenue collection company to a specialized systems integrator and technological innovator in the public transportation market serving public and private modes of travel,” said Matt Cole, executive vice president, strategy and business development of CTS. “By offering the most comprehensive exhibition of our solutions framing our NextCity vision and strategy at UITP, our customers will be able to see first-hand how the convergence of cutting-edge and established technologies and services are being used to deliver great benefits for cities and regions worldwide.”
Cubic’s live demonstrations and on-hand experts will address these public transport solutions, including the benefits cities will derive when all the technology works in unison:
- Contactless Bankcard Payments: With successful systems in London and Chicago, Cubic is leading the way for contactless bankcard payment becoming a more convenient form of electronic ticketing for public transport.
- Predictive Analytics: Cubic’s wholly owned subsidiary and professional services firm Urban Insights Associates applies big data tools and data science-based deep analytics to public transportation agencies, road authorities and municipalities, helping clients improve operations, reduce costs and better service travelers.
- Video Analytics: Ensures safer movement and more effective use of limited transport infrastructure using real-time video analytics to deliver customer-specific business solutions.
- NextWave: Mobile ticketing system that utilizes both bar code and Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to offer quick and efficient public transportation mobile services.
- NextBus: A cloud-based solution that provides real-time passenger information systems to more than 135 transit agencies and organizations.
In addition, Martin Howell, worldwide marketing communications director of CTS, will present the successful implementation of contactless bankcard technology in London as a case study at the “Ticketing and Payment Solutions for Efficient Public Transport” focus session on Monday, June 8 at 4:00 p.m. CET.
Attendees of the event can visit the CTS booth Hall 4, stand 4M140. For more information or to set-up a briefing, please contact Krishna Desai at krishna.desai(at)cubic(dot)com. Follow Cubic at @CubicTS #UITP2015 to join the conversation on social media.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of two major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS) and Cubic Global Defense (CGD). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions around the world. CGD is a trusted provider of realistic training systems, C4ISR solutions, and highly specialized support services for the U.S. and allied nations. For more information about Cubic, please visit the company's web site at http://www.cubic.com.
PH: +44 208 315 7940
Nina Jimenez Taylor