We’ve added functional test cases for new PDF features introduced in PDF 2.0 to give our customers an even more robust test solution.
Simi Valley, CA (PRWEB) June 09, 2015
QualityLogic announced today that it has begun development of an update to its popular PDF InteropAnalyzer. Scheduled for shipment in July, the suite tests products that consume the PDF file format, such as PDF-direct printers or MFPs, or software that views, edits or pre-flights PDF files.
PDF continues to be the most popular document format on all different types of platforms, including Windows, Macintosh, iOS, Android, and other mobile and enterprise platforms. QualityLogic's PDF InteropAnalyzer is used by printer and multifunction-peripheral manufacturers, driver developers, and PDF creator/producer software developers to ensure that their products can handle PDF files. Although PDF is a universal document format, it can produce a wide variety of permutations. The composition of a PDF file is influenced by the PDF version, the application, the configuration options and any subsequent document editing. Successful PDF testing must include a huge number of possible document permutations to ensure product compatibility.
QualityLogic's PDF InteropAnalyzer V2.0 addresses PDF interoperability testing by delivering test files that cover a broad collection and wide variety of PDF creators and printer drivers, coupled with an easy-to-use search tool that allows users to quickly find PDF attributes with a simple mouse click.
In addition to updates to the 10,000+ real-world documents included in the previous version, the PDF InteropAnalyzer v2.0 will include new features:
- Windows, Apple and Mobile App generated PDFs
- Enterprise-level publication PDFs that range from high page count to professional quality
- Multiple language support, including East Asian, Middle Eastern and European
- Live analysis of the user's PDF files, including addition of files into the searchable database
- Search for PDF attributes with a few clicks of a mouse
"We introduced the PDF InteropAnalyzer in 2004 with support for PDF 1.4 and have updated it in tandem with PDF Specification updates," said Steve Kang, general manager of QualityLogic's Imaging and Telecom businesses. "This year, we’ve added functional test cases for new PDF features introduced in PDF 2.0 to give our customers an even more robust test solution."
For more information about the PDF InteropAnalyzer 2.0, visit http://www.qualitylogic.com/Contents/Printer-MFP/Products-and-Services/PDF-InteropAnalyzer.aspx.
Information is also available by calling 800-436-6292 ext. 133 or 805-531-9030 ext. 133.
QualityLogic is a highly respected provider of testing products and outsourced quality assurance and engineering services. The Company provides a flexible menu of services at customers’ sites, at QualityLogic’s labs, or as managed services that scale to meet customers’ evolving needs. QualityLogic’s customers include technology companies around the world in a wide range of industries.
- Printer and MFP OEMs, ODMs and technology providers rely on QualityLogic test solutions to validate their products’ performance, conformance to industry standards, and interoperability with other hardware and software products.
- Smart Grid technologies and products must be interoperable to succeed, and QualityLogic is in the forefront of interoperability test solutions.
- IT departments in companies of all sizes look to QualityLogic to ensure their web applications or websites meet their quality objectives.
- Marketing groups rely on QualityLogic to provide independent validation of their competitive advantages.
- Network infrastructure equipment manufacturers, carriers, and telecom service providers use QualityLogic fax test equipment to ensure interoperability with fax traffic from traditional devices and across the Internet.
For more information, visit http://www.qualitylogic.com.