This is a beer festival that some might even call a music festival.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) June 09, 2015
A sipping celebration of everything beer and music will be held at the 5th annual Houston Beer Festival in Hermann Square and Tranquility Park June 13 and 14.
Under new management, the 2015 Houston Beer Festival is focusing on giving its customers the best experience ever by featuring more than 25 bands on three stages and, offering craft beer samples from more than 65 breweries, as well as food vendors and additional entertainment.
Tickets to Beer Fest are offered as follows:
- General Admission + Beer — One day, Saturday or Sunday: $35. Includes music and 12 two-ounce beer samples from participating brewery tents.
- General Admission Music Only — Single Day: $20.
- VIP Saturday — $200. Includes all amenities of general admission, plus early entry into the festival to visit tents and sample beers for one hour before gates open to the general public; a private VIP sampling session; a catered meal; VIP viewing deck next to main stage; VIP Lounge with access to premium bar and private bathrooms; and commemorative 5th Birthday Beer Fest swag.
- VIP Sunday — $100. Includes all the amenities of the general admission plus; a Private VIP sampling session; a catered meal; VIP viewing deck next to main stage; VIP Lounge with access to premium bar and private bathrooms; and commemorative 5th Birthday Beer Fest swag.
Festival hours are noon to 10 p.m. Saturday (gates will open at 11 a.m. for VIP ticket holders) and noon to 8 p.m. Sunday. This year, sampling hours for all beers will be from noon to 4 p.m. both days. Spectrum Concessions, a professional event management and concessionaire company, will take the helm of Pourer-in-Chief, serving beer samples to guests.
Breweries are bringing out plenty to sample from rare beers to usual favorites, plus creating engaging activations for tastings. Saint Arnold has plans for live graffiti painting and will offer limited-edition sampling of Bishop’s Barrel and Divine Reserve every hour from noon to 3 p.m. Buffalo Bayou will provide a cool treat of frozen beer and a place to take a break, and Karbach Brewing Co.’s Love Street area of the event highlights everything people need to let loose. Love Street features non-stop DJ music, professional hula hoopers, a beer museum, Extreme Air Hockey and yard games like ping pong and giant Jenga, plus a place to cool down with misting machines and Karbach beer.
Featured Breweries include:
- 8th Wonder
- Buffalo Bayou
- Goose Island
- Saint Arnold
For a full list of the more than 65 participating breweries visit http://www.houstonbeerfestival.com.
People might even call this a music festival with a large variety of beers due to the array of concerts and DJ entertainment taking place on three stages across festival grounds. Music from genres such as, alternative rock, blues, jazz, funk, ska, salsa, country, hip-hop, rock ‘n’ roll and pop will be heard across the event. Bands performing at the 2015 Houston Beer Fest include:
On the Bud Light main stage:
- Hayes Carll
- Riff Raff
- Wheel Workers
Additional acts on 8th Wonder and ZiegenBock stages:
- Craig Kinsey/Sideshow Tramps
- Electric Attitude
- Emily Bell
- Free Radicals
- Hayden Jones and the Roosevelt House Band
- Mikey and the Drags
- Quiet Company
- Roosh Williams
- The Soapbox Revolution
- Venomous Maximus
In celebration of the event’s 5th birthday, event goers will experience various birthday surprises, including ARTSeen Alliance, which will creatively enhance the natural aesthetics of the event’s footprint, providing another dimension of brewtastic fun. Ben & Jerry’s will be onsite to seek the help of Beer Fest attendees to decide the official Texas ice cream flavor. The Ben & Jerry’s sampling truck will offer Bar-B-Que Peach and Bourbon Pecan Pie ice cream for fans to taste and vote for their favorite, to be in stores in fall 2015.
Presenting sponsors for the Houston Beer Fest include Taco’s A Go-Go, Silver Eagle Distributing and 104.1 KRBE. Additional sponsors are Al Capone Cigars, AllAboutBeer.com, Ben & Jerry’s, Blue Monkey, General Mills, Goose Island, Karbach Brewing, Metro PCS, Saint Arnold, SportsRadio610, Texas Inked Magazine, Yelp and ZiegenBock.
For more information about the Houston Beer Fest, check out http://www.houstonbeerfestival.com, Facebook and Twitter.