“By law, 50 percent of NY’s taxis must be wheelchair accessible by 2020. Yellow cabs in NYC will increase from about 800 to 16,500 and green outer borough cabs will increase from 20% to 50%,” said Daniel Bussani, Vice President at Bussani Mobility Team.
Long Island City, NY (PRWEB) June 08, 2015
What: Bussani Mobility Offers One-Day Event in Queens: “Wheelchair Accessible Taxis 101: Everything Taxi Owners and Operators Need to Know”
When: Thursday (June 11) at 11 am-9pm
Where: Bussani Mobility (41-43B 39th St., Long Island City, NY)
For: Taxi fleet owners, independent taxi owner/operators, anyone who follows New York’s taxi industry or disabled community
“By law, 50 percent of New York’s taxis must be wheelchair accessible by 2020. Yellow cabs in NYC will increase from about 800 to 16,500 and green outer borough cabs outfitted with ramps will increase from 20% to 50%,” said Daniel Bussani, Vice President at Bussani Mobility Team. “This is nothing short of a breakthrough in mobility transportation options for people living with physical disabilities.”
Hear and see everything you need to know about wheelchair accessible taxis…in one convenient location. This one-day educational event will include:
- Tour wheelchair accessible vehicles from Dodge, Toyota, Nissan & Ford
- Take advantage of blow-out vehicle sale ($1,000 off select 2014 models purchased June 11-18)
- Hear how to comply with the wheelchair mandate and strengthen your taxi business
- Learn about financing, grants & service
- Meet Jake Craig, rep from top conversion manufacturer BraunAbility
- Hear how to find more customers from Verifone Way2Ride eHail rep
- Connect with on-site taxi mechanic and specialist in conversions
- Multi-lingual representatives will be on hand. We speak: English, Spanish, Italian, French, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Kanada, Arabic, Tibetan, and Nepali.
Bussani Mobility Team (http://www.bussanimobility.com and http://www.bussanicommercial.com) is a leading provider of automotive mobility products and services for people with disabilities. The company helps people with disabilities enjoy the freedom and independence to go where they want to go and do what they want to do. Established in 1974 with headquarters in Bethpage, NY (Nassau County) and with offices in Smithtown (Suffolk County), Mamaroneck (Westchester County) and Long Island City (Queens), Bussani Mobility Team is a market leader in the Tri-State (NY, NJ, CT) area. The company’s team of experts offers: a complete line of wheelchair vans and mobility equipment from top manufacturers available for purchase or rental, wheelchair accessible taxis, a full-service automotive shop, 24-hour emergency service, special financing options, insurance services, educational opportunities, and in-store consultants who are dedicated to meeting their customers’ every need with a highly personal touch.