“HR policies, practices, benefits and strategies can be fine-tuned according to unique market factors facing any business." - Les McPhearson, CEO of UBA
Indianapolis, IN (PRWEB) June 09, 2015
Since the start of the year, oil prices have bottomed and rallied, the dollar has moved up and down, and interest rates have fallen to near historic lows only to bounce back. With all the news and data at our fingertips, it is hard to decipher what matters for markets and what does not. United Benefit Advisors (UBA) and senior economist Robin Anderson from Principal Global Investors, are hosting a webinar for employers, titled "Credit, Commodities and Consumers: An Economic Update” on Thursday, June 18, 2015, at 2:00 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. PT, which will help human resources professionals understand key drivers of the U.S. and global economies so they can better align HR with the market trends facing their companies.
“The global and U.S. economies operate in the context of secular themes, trends that may last more than one business cycle,” says Anderson. “We’ll discuss those secular themes: the credit cycle in emerging markets, the commodity super cycle, and the return of the U.S. consumer. Then, we’ll look at how those longer-term trends translate into near-term views for the U.S. and global economic growth, interest rates and inflation, and federal and global central bank action.”
Webinar attendees will learn the market implications from our global economic outlook, including:
- Key economic drivers of the last 20 years
- Investment booms - who are the winners?
- The impact of Chinese global investment
- Dramatic increases in commodity pricing
- Middle class financial improvements
“HR policies, practices, benefits and strategies can be fine-tuned according to unique market factors facing any business. This webinar will give HR professionals an economic overview that will help them transform their HR department into a more strategic business partner with senior leaders in their organizations,” says Les McPhearson, CEO of UBA.
To register for the webinar, "Credit, Commodities and Consumers: An Economic Update,” go to http://bit.ly/1AfmWku and enter code UBAPFG for a $50 discount. This webinar has been submitted to the Human Resource Certification Institute to qualify for 1.25 recertification credit hours.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Robin J. Anderson – Senior Economist: Robin is a senior economist at Principal Global Investors. She works with the Economic Committee and the Chief Global Economist, Bob Baur, on weekly commentaries and macroeconomic strategy. Robin also works with Multi-Asset Advisors, an investment boutique within Principal Global Investors. Robin joined the firm in 2011. Prior to her current role, Robin served as an economist at the U.S. Census Bureau. She received her Ph.D. in economics from the University of Washington and a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
ABOUT UNITED BENEFIT ADVISORS®
United Benefit Advisors (UBA) is the nation's leading independent employee benefits advisory organization with more than 200 offices throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. As trusted and knowledgeable advisors, UBA Partners collaborate with more than 2,000 fellow professionals to deliver expertise, thought leadership and best-in-class solutions that positively impact employers and make a real difference in the lives of their employees and families. An important product of that collaboration is the UBA Health Plan Survey -- the nation's largest employee benefits benchmarking survey. At UBA, we believe in service and genuine sharing through mutual trust. Our culture is one of honesty, transparency, and making others better. It is defined by the values of integrity, collaboration, care for others, innovation, and operational excellence. Employers, advisors and industry-related organizations interested in obtaining powerful results from the shared wisdom of our Partners should visit UBA online at http://www.UBABenefits.com.
ABOUT PRINCIPAL GLOBAL INVESTORS
Principal Global Investors is a diversified asset management organization and a member of the Principal Financial Group®, with expertise in equities, fixed income and real estate investments, as well as specialized overlay and advisory services. Principal Global Investors manages $342.9 billion in assets primarily for retirement plans and other institutional clients.
ABOUT PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a global investment management leader offering retirement services, insurance solutions and asset management. The Principal offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services, including retirement, asset management and insurance through its diverse family of financial services companies. Founded in 1879 and a member of the FORTUNE 500®, the Principal Financial Group has $530.3 billion in assets under management and serves some 19.9 million customers worldwide from offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and the United States. Principal Financial Group, Inc. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol PFG. For more information, visit http://www.principal.com.
1) As of Mar. 31, 2015.
2) Principal Global Investors is the asset management arm of the Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) and includes the asset management operations of the following subsidiaries of The Principal: Principal Global Investors, LLC; Principal Real Estate Investors, LLC; Principal Enterprise Capital, LLC; Liongate Capital Management LLP; Spectrum Asset Management, Inc.; Post Advisory Group, LLC; Columbus Circle Investors; Edge Asset Management, Inc.; Morley Financial Services Inc.; Finisterre Capital, LLP; Origin Asset Management, LLP; Principal Global Investors (Europe) Limited; Principal Global Investors (Singapore) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Australia) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Japan) Ltd.; Principal Global Investors (Hong Kong) Ltd.; CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management Sdn. Bhd.; and the majority owned affiliates of Principal International, Inc. Assets under management includes assets managed by investment professionals of Principal Global Investors under dual employee arrangements with other subsidiaries of The Principal and assets managed in accordance with investment advice provided by Principal Global Investors through the delivery of a model.
3) “The Principal Financial Group” and “The Principal” are registered service marks of Principal Financial Services, Inc., a member of the Principal Financial Group.
4) As of March 31, 2015.