This year’s qualifiers have now earned a chance to compete in Las Vegas for our biggest prize in the event’s four-year history — one million dollars.
Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) June 10, 2015
Multimedia Games, a GCA Inc. company (NYSE: GCA), is hosting the TournEvent of Champions in collaboration with casinos across the country to crown the nation’s best slot tournament player. Through May, the first 27 casino finalists have qualified to compete for the national title at the Wynn’s XS Nightclub in Las Vegas on September 29-30, 2015. Qualifying rounds will continue into September with more than 175 slot players expected to compete for the National Championship and a grand prize of $1 million.
The April-May qualifiers are:
- Pat Carrel, Red Bluff, Calif., Rolling Hills Casino
- Cheryl Kasprzak, Spring, Texas, Norwegian Cruise Line
- Nathan Fosterling, Deerbrook, Wisc., Potawatomi Carter Casino
- William Selenske, Ironwood, Mich., Potawatomi Carter Casino
- Crystal Guzman, Oak Harbor, Wash., Swinomish Casino
- Francisco Dominguez, Omaha, Neb., WinnaVegas Casino Resort
- Jason Burbridge, Council Bluffs, Iowa, WinnaVegas Casino Resort
- Patricia VanDuzer, Steator, Ill., Jumer’s Casino
- Jacob Okoovian, Egg Harbor Township, NJ, Tropicana Casino (Atlantic City)
- Louis Jacobs, Toms River, NJ, Tropicana Casino (Atlantic City)
- Dolores Wittmer, Mt. Pleasant, Iowa, Jumer’s Casino
- Charlotte Stanford, Seattle, Wash., Lucky Eagle Casino
- Julie Zion, Kelson, Wash., Lucky Eagle Casino
- Julie Allen, Sequim, Wash., 7 Cedars Casino
- Christie Bartley, Port Angeles, Wash., 7 Cedars Casino
- Joleen Teick, Redwood Falls, Minn., Jackpot Junction Casino
- Kimberly Pangburn, Randolph, Minn., Jackpot Junction Casino
- Ethel Joswick, Rochester, Minn., Treasure Island Casino
- Loren Erickson, Cottage Grove, Minn., Treasure Island Casino
- Michael Makowski, Traverse City, Mich., Little River Casino
- Tony Truong, San Jose, Calif., Cache Creek Casino
- Krestine Jordan, Walnut Creek, Calif., Cache Creek Casino
- Elizabeth Everson, Atwater, Minn., Prairie’s Edge Casino
- Thomas Augeson, Watson, Minn., Prairie’s Edge Casino
- Gwen Hamer, Evansville, Ind., Tropicana Casino (Evansville)
- John Williams, River Pines, Calif., Jackson Rancheria Casino
- Bradley Dawson, Grayling, Mich., Turtle Creek Casino
“Each year, TournEvent of Champions has grown tremendously,” said GCA CEO Ram Chary. “This year’s qualifiers have now earned a chance to compete in Las Vegas for our biggest prize in the event’s four-year history — one million dollars.”
The TournEvent of Champions takes slot tournaments to a whole new level. Two TournEvent of Champions buses are crisscrossing the country from April through August, visiting 22 states with more than 250,000 players competing for the chance to represent their favorite casino in Las Vegas. Casinos are hosting slot leagues, semi-finals and then in-casino finals to find their top players to represent them at the National Championship.
TournEvent of Champions began in 2012 with regional competitions in California and Washington. The event crowned its first national champion in 2013 after 88 players from 77 casinos competed in the finals at Lagasse’s Stadium at The Palazzo in Las Vegas. The 2014 event expanded to 123 players from 98 casinos and a total purse of $500,000. In 2015, TournEvent of Champions is expecting more than 175 players from 100 casinos to compete for the $1 million top prize. TournEvent of Champions tour buses are sponsored by Strictly Slots, Effinet, Norwegian Cruise Line, Virtex Enterprises, Transact, PC Promotions, CS Creative Surfaces, Andover Audio, Sequel Data Systems, Unistar-Sparco Computers, Sunkist Graphics, Cole Kepro, Gary Platt Mfg., Suzo Happ, AMW Precision, Columbus Data Systems, and VSR Industries.
About Multimedia Games, Inc.
Multimedia Games, Inc., a GCA company (NYSE: GCA), develops and distributes gaming technology from its operations, technology and manufacturing facilities in Austin, Texas. The company is a creator and supplier of comprehensive systems, content and electronic gaming units for Native American and commercial casinos. Revenue is derived from gaming units in operation on revenue-sharing arrangements as well as from the sale of gaming units and systems that feature proprietary game content and game themes licensed from others. Multimedia Games also supplies the central determinant system for the video lottery terminals ("VLTs") installed at racetracks in the State of New York. The company was recently listed as one of Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies of 2014. Please visit http://www.multimediagames.com, twitter.com/MultimediaGames or facebook.com/MultimediaGames, where Multimedia Games discloses important information about the company, its sales, and its business.
About the TournEvent of Champions®
The TournEvent of Champions is a collaboration between Multimedia Games, a GCA company, and top casinos across the country to bring unprecedented competition, intensity and glory to the casino floor through a national slot tournament, crowning the industry’s only Slot Tournament National Champion. The first TournEvent of Champions took place in 2013 with 88 players, representing 77 casinos competing for the national title and $100,000 grand prize. The 2014 TournEvent of Champions hosted 123 players from 103 casinos, with $500,000 in total prize money, including a Champion’s share of $200,000. In 2015, over 175 players from more than 100 casinos are expected to compete for a prize purse of $1.3 million, including a Champion’s grand prize share of $1 million (see complete contest rules for prize disbursement governance)*.
*Grand prize awarded using periodic payments over 20 years.