BOSTON (PRWEB) June 09, 2015
The Boston office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP recently hosted Frederick Breimyer, Ph.D., Boston area economist, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), as the featured speaker for its “A Conversation With” monthly breakfast series. Dr. Breimyer discussed “Economic Outlook and Challenges for Boston and Beyond,” which highlighted the economic developments affecting businesses and financial institutions in New England as well as the global economy. Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management Alumni Club of Boston co-hosted the breakfast, and Chinh H. Pham, co-leader of Greenberg Traurig’s Emerging Technology Group, and co-chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property (IP) Group in Boston, provided opening remarks. The event took place June 4, 2015.
“A Conversation With” is an invitation-only Greenberg Traurig Boston speaker series that hosts local government, business, and community leaders who are at the forefront of issues facing the region, including economic, cultural, scientific, social, and public policy matters. Past speakers include:
- Attorney Kenneth R. Feinberg, Managing Partner of Feinberg Rozen, LLP and former One Fund Boston Administrator;
- Thomas J. Sommer, President of Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council (MassMEDIC);
- Gordon Jones, Managing Director of the Harvard Innovation Lab (Harvard i-lab);
- Robert Coughlin, President & CEO of Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (MassBio);
- Malli Gero, Co-Founder & President, 2020 Women on Boards, and Kathleen McQuiggan, Senior Vice President of Global Women's Strategies, Pax World Management LLC and Co-President, Ellevate Boston Chapter; and
- Dr. Gary Fleisher, Physician-in-Chief and Pediatrician-in-Chief, Boston Children's Hospital.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Boston Office
Founded in 1999, Greenberg Traurig’s Boston office is home to more than 65 attorneys practicing in the areas of corporate, emerging technology, energy, governmental affairs, healthcare, intellectual property, labor and employment, life sciences and medical technology, litigation, public finance, real estate and securities. An important contributor to the firm's international platform, the Boston office includes a team of nationally recognized attorneys with both public and private sector experience. The team offers clients the value of decades of legal experience and hands-on knowledge of the local business community, supported by the firm's vast network of global resources.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1800 attorneys serving clients from 37 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is among the “Power Elite” in the 2014 BTI Client Relationship Scorecard report, which assesses the nature and strength of law firms' client relationships. For additional information, please visit http://www.gtlaw.com.