London, UK (PRWEB) June 10, 2015
A great many types of products have risen through the peak of the wearable technology hype curve over the past 5 years before starting to slide down into disillusionment. Their common feature is the prominence of sensor options as the major enabler for their most important functions. Sensors accumulate data about the chemical and physical characteristics of the body and local environment, and utilise it to feed algorithms that output incisive information. With coverage of all of the key incumbent sensors and the most advanced emerging options, 3 billion wearable sensors are expected to enter the market by 2025-end, with more than 30% of them being novel sensor types that are just beginning to emerge.
Breakthroughs in wearable sensors represent a key driver of the wearable technology market development. Their incorporation along with novel energy harvesting and storage techniques, low power computing and effective power management systems, highly flexible, and invisible in form factors are projected to drive the wearable technology sector to a value of USD 70 billion by end-2025.
Comprehensive research report “Wearable Sensors 2015-2025: Market Forecasts, Technologies, Players” developed by IDTechEx Ltd is now available at MarketPublishers.com
Title: Wearable Sensors 2015-2025: Market Forecasts, Technologies, Players
Published: March, 2015
Price: US$ 4,975.00
The report provides an analysis of the market for wearable sensors, breaking down the latter into several main categories. For each sensor, the report describes major technologies and top players, backed up by interviews and company profiles of major bodies in each sector. The report also discusses the implications of sensor fusion and the relative merits of each sensor type for different applications. It presents granular market forecasts for various sensor types during the next ten years. The growth rate of each sensor type is examined, as well as key trends witnessed in different application sectors are highlighted. It reviews key market trends, offers an extensive analysis of 800 active participants in the wearable technology space, discusses the limitations and properties of sensor systems. Case studies are also available, including regulatory and policy implications for healthcare systems, ease of commoditisation in infotainment devices and the opportunities offered by sensor fusion.
- All-round analysis of the world wearable sensors market landscape.
- Insight into the historical development of the industry and an accurate picture of the present-day market situation.
- Thorough categorisation of the sensors, including inertial measurement units (IMUs); flexible stretch, pressure and impact sensors; optical motion sensors; wearable electrodes; chemical sensors with a focus on gas sensors; microphones; temperature sensors; other wearable sensors.
- Application case studies.
- Analysis of the competitive scenario along with extensive profiles of the 12 leading companies.
- Detailed forecasts to 2025 of the market size for sensors in wearable technology and granular market projections by sensor category.
More studies by the publisher can be found at IDTechEx page.