There is a segment of smartphone owners who are graduating from casual photographers to photography enthusiasts and are beginning to seek out education opportunities to learn more about the art of photography.
Weymouth, MA (PRWEB) June 10, 2015
InfoTrends is pleased to announce the availability of its 2015 U.S. Interchangeable Lens Camera Market Study. InfoTrends has been conducting in-depth studies of the digital interchangeable lens camera (DILC) market since 2008. What started as a digital SLR market has now evolved into two segments: digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras and compact interchangeable lens cameras (CILCs), also known as mirrorless cameras. The distinction between DSLRs and CILCs is disappearing, given recent camera introductions and their positioning in the market.
This study is designed to equip companies that are interested in the DILC market with critical business planning information. Objectives include:
- Segmenting and profiling the market for current and future DILC buyers by key demographic characteristics such as age, gender, income, parental status, and photographer type
- Comparing the demographic profile of smartphone only, point & shoot (P&S), CILC, and DSLR camera owners
- Examining owners’ and future owners’ attitudes, behaviors, and preferences
- Considering the relative importance of product attributes
- Providing insight into photo and video activities, feature usage, and future requirements
- Analyzing product awareness, consideration, and purchasing for current and future owners
- Outlining the potential opportunity of the DILC market by providing unit and value forecasts
- Identifying opportunities and strategies for DILC vendors
“At this junction of the DILC market, vendors need to boldly move forward and not be deterred by the decline in sales that the market has experienced recently,” says Ed Lee, InfoTrends Group Director. “Opportunities still exist in this market. Smartphone owners are now the breeding ground for first-time DILC camera owners. There is a segment of smartphone owners who are graduating from casual photographers to photography enthusiasts and are beginning to seek out education opportunities to learn more about the art of photography.”
For more information on the 2015 U.S. Interchangeable Lens Camera Market Study, please visit our online brochure or contact Matt O’Keefe at 781 616 2115 or matthew(dot)okeefe(at)infotrends(dot)com.
InfoTrends is the leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm for the imaging, document solutions, production print, and digital media industries. We provide insights and advice to help clients understand market trends, identify opportunities, and grow their business. Additional information about InfoTrends is available on the Web at http://www.infotrends.com.
For media inquiries contact Donna O'Malley at +1 781 616 2116 or email donna(dot)omalley(at)infotrends(dot)com.