The addition of major new functionality and features is inspired by close collaboration with our customer base . . . driven by our desire to continue to add the latest technology and standards to the already feature rich TotGuard™ solutio
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) June 11, 2015
Guard RFID Solutions Inc., an industry leader in active RFID/RTLS technology has announced a major release of its TotGuard™ Infant and Pediatric Security solution, with enhanced functionality that further enriches what was already the industry leading system for securing newborns and other children in hospitals. The TotGuard™ system not only offers security for infants and children, but has the built-in capability to support several other major functions such as Asset Tracking and Security, Temperature Monitoring, Staff safety, and Mother-Baby Matching.
Some of the major functionality that has been added to TotGuard™ includes:
- Mobile Apps with a full graphical user interface for the Android and iOS operating systems, enabling staff to monitor and manage the system and also receive instant alarm notifications even when they are away from their desk.
- Real-time Temperature Monitoring and Management using GuardRFID’s temperature sensing tags, as well as by employing hardwired temperature sensors within the TotGuard infrastructure.
- A revamped graphical user interface that includes new features such as a Tag Battery Gauge that shows the state of the battery, enables sorting of patient lists, displays different tag icons for different types of tags, and many others.
- Improvements in real time location, including support for detecting Direction of Movement at a portal so as to accurately report patients, assets or staff entering or departing from an area.
- Area or Room Utilization reports, providing details of which patients or assets have occupied a specific area, for how long, and the ability to set various rules which improve facility utilization.
- Compliance with the IHE PCD MEMLS protocol, which enables sending patient and asset location events to all hospital systems which can communicate over the HL-7 protocol, such as EMR systems, alarm monitoring systems, pump and VSM software and so on
“The addition of major new functionality and features is inspired by close collaboration with our customer base. These improvements are driven by our desire to continue to add the latest technology and standards to the already feature rich TotGuard™ solution, ensuring longevity for our customers,” said Doug Stevens, GuardRFID’s Vice-President of Sales and Marketing for Healthcare. “TotGuard™ is built upon a standards based platform, offers full integration with leading access control and video management systems, and continues to operate outside the Wi-Fi frequency band in order to ensure unparalleled patient security and longevity of tag life, while avoiding interference with a hospital’s IT system. We are committed to ensuring that TotGuard™ remains the leading Infant and Pediatric solution in the market.”
Due to their ease of use, reliability and robustness, GuardRFID’s suite of applications have been selected as the systems of choice by many high profile healthcare facilities. Its tag platform has been designed to be highly resistant to RF noise interference, enhancing the security of patients within the healthcare environment, as an example.
About Guard RFID Solutions, Inc.
Guard RFID Solutions, Inc. develops Active Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technologies and products for Healthcare, Industrial, and Enterprise applications. Guard RFID Solutions, Inc.’s products can accurately track and locate equipment, materials, and people for enhanced automation, workflow, monitoring, and security solutions—all on one flexible platform. Guard RFID Solutions, Inc. is federally incorporated in Canada, with its head office in British Columbia sales offices in Detroit, MI and Atlanta, GA.
Zahir Abji, President and CEO