Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 12, 2015
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) dramatically broadened opportunities for Medicare Advantage plans and their partners in its provisions on rewards and incentives (R&I) programs outlined in guidance issued last December. The result is an opportunity — which can translate into higher star-rating bonuses and other big financial gains, as well as healthier members — that many MA sponsors have yet to fully recognize. “Medicare Advantage Reward and Incentive Programs: How Plans and Members Can Gain from CMS’s New Guidance,” the June 23 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, will discuss what these new opportunities are and the strategies health plans can pursue to translate new CMS flexibility into financial and satisfaction gains.
Participants will hear from Mark Joffe, the principal in the Law Offices of Mark S. Joffe, and Tom Wicka, co-founder and CEO of Novu, a firm specializing in developing consumer health strategies. In 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, participants will get reliable answers to important questions such as:
- What is CMS allowing — and not allowing — under the specifics of its guidance on R&I programs for MA? How is this different from its rules in the past?
- What impact could these changes have on star-rating bonuses, hospitalization and ER costs, and membership satisfaction and turnover?
- What pros and cons should MA plans and their partners consider as they contemplate different R&I programs?
- Which are the major pitfalls MA plans should avoid as they design and implement new R&I programs? What constitutes unfairly discriminatory benefits in R&I programs?
- What can MA plans learn from industries outside health care on what to expect from their R&I programs … and when?
- What winning strategies can MA plans pursue to convert CMS’s R&I program flexibility into financial gain? How quickly can they expect bottom-line benefits to occur?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5a14_062315 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.