Boston, MA (PRWEB) June 15, 2015
FinTech Sandbox is pleased to announce that eleven more startups are joining the program, bringing the total to seventeen. Residents in this cohort represent London, Boston, New York, and the San Francisco Bay area. Some of these innovators are targeting financial institutions with their products, while others are serving retail investors.
FinTech Sandbox is a nonprofit whose mission is to promote entrepreneurship and innovation throughout the global FinTech ecosystem. FinTech Sandbox’s unique value proposition includes free access to financial data and infrastructure to participating startups. The six-month program includes:
- A robust set of data feeds and APIs from a wide array of data partners
- Cloud hosting from industry-leading infrastructure partners
- Membership in a vibrant, collaborative Fintech community
Participating companies are asked to give back to the Sandbox community by:
- Providing feedback to data providers
- Sharing and documenting what they learn
- Contributing non-proprietary code and APIs to the Sandbox GitHub repository
The eleven newest residents of the FinTech Sandbox community are:
- AlphaStreet is taking the complexity out of investing decisions and empowering people around the world to better manage their investments. AlphaStreet is a social ecosystem and a one-stop shop allowing investors to discover, validate, research and then invest through their existing brokerage accounts.
- Bison is building a database of private equity and venture capital performance, LP investment commitments, analytical tools, and industry news.
- Data Simply provides software that helps financial firms augment human intelligence using data. The Data Simply team includes graduates of the FinTech accelerator SixThirty and the Founder’s Institute.
- Datavore Labs helps people mine better insights from big data through visualization and process tracking facilitated by machine learning.
- Herding Cats is developing a case-based reasoning model, in which real-time patterns are compared to historical data to assess the probability of future events. They have been incubated by the European Space Agency.
- Kyper Data Technologies is building a web-based, cloud-hosted quantitative analytics platform giving quant researchers easy access to data, visualization tools, and collaborative work spaces on-demand.
- Quotail enables retail traders to discover investment opportunities in trade data, analyze market trends, and share their trade analyses with the Quotail community.
- TRDR is building a new mobile app that links existing brokerage accounts and provides personalized stock market information in real time.
- Ufora enables hedge funds and other investors to run complex computer models more quickly by adaptively distributing and parallelizing algorithms while computations are running.
- EquityZen provides alternative investment opportunities in late-stage private technology companies.
- Scalable Capital Limited is building an investment management service for the digital generation. They employ highly-innovative algorithms for managing optimal, risk-protected portfolios in a transparent and cost-efficient way.
“This cohort truly demonstrates that FinTech Sandbox’s value proposition has universal appeal,” said Jean Donnelly, FinTech Sandbox executive director. “We will continue to align with major FinTech hubs like San Francisco and London to connect FinTech innovators with our partner financial institutions and data providers. Together, we are driving global FinTech innovation to the benefit of all constituencies.”
About FinTech Sandbox
FinTech Sandbox is a Boston-based nonprofit founded to promote financial technology innovation globally by providing free access to critical data and resources to FinTech entrepreneurs and startups. Sponsors include Fidelity Investments, Devonshire Investors, Thomson Reuters, Silicon Valley Bank, Amazon Web Services, Intel, SIX Financial Information, Goodwin Procter and .406 Ventures. For more information, please visit http://www.fintechsandbox.org.