Weather patterns are unpredictable, so preparedness plans must be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure employees and constituents are safe.
Cary, NC (PRWEB) June 15, 2015
As summer 2015 has brought parts of the U.S. severe weather incidents from tornadoes to flash floods, FacilityDude, a leading cloud-based provider of operations management solutions, today announced best practices for organizations to follow when preparing for extreme summer weather. Summertime is known for a wide range of dangerous weather events ranging from extreme heat to thunderstorms to hurricanes – all of which impact employees and facilities.
“During the summer, facility managers and security personnel are faced with a variety of potentially hazardous weather conditions and must plan accordingly,” said Lee Prevost, Dude Solutions’ Chief Strategy Officer. “Weather patterns are unpredictable, so preparedness plans for healthcare, government and member-based facilities must be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure employees and constituents are safe during weather emergencies.”
Key best practices for staying safe during extreme weather conditions include:
1. Know the risks – Be aware of common summer weather hazards. Knowing the potential threats – from heat waves to flash flooding to wildfires can help organizations prioritize their emergency plans.
2. Stay connected – Rely on local and government weather authorities, such as the Federal Emergency Management Agency for critical information the National Weather Service’s heat and storm advisories.
3. Keep emergency contacts current – Keep an updated list of all relevant local emergency contacts. If your facility uses a mobile solution like Crisis Plan, you can update this information and send out push notifications.
4. Create a plan – Create and/or maintain an emergency preparedness plan to train workers for a variety of emergencies, including employee heat exhaustion, as well as different response procedures including shelter in place, evacuation operations, etc.
5. Pay attention to authorities – Adhere to broadcast evacuation plans.
Accessible on employees’ smart devices regardless of Internet connectivity, FacilityDude’s Crisis Plan mobile safety solution is customizable based on an organization’s specific operational needs and possible event scenarios including medical, criminal, weather, etc.
FacilityDude is a leading cloud-based provider of operations management solutions that provides online tools designed exclusively for the unique needs of maintenance, energy and operations professionals. Serving more than 2,000 organizations in the U.S. and internationally, FacilityDude helps organizations of all types and sizes save money, increase efficiencies, and improve services. FacilityDude is headquartered in Cary, N.C. For more information visit http://www.facilitydude.com.