“The more people learn about the risks of feeding pets processed foods and the more they see the health benefits of a fresh, raw food diet, the more eager they are to switch.”
Norcross, GA (PRWEB) June 15, 2015
Allprovide, the all-natural raw pet food company, conducted a survey of 1,826 cat and dog owners across the United States on their pet food preferences, knowledge and interests. The results show that more than thirty-seven percent of pet owners are interested in a fresh, healthy raw food diet for their pets.
“These statistics demonstrate what we’ve been hearing from pet owners across the country,” said Michael McVay, co-founder of Allprovide. “The more people learn about the risks of feeding pets processed foods and the more they see the health benefits of a fresh, raw food diet, the more eager they are to switch.”
The full results of the study include:
- Thirty-three percent would be interested in feeding their pets a fresh, raw food diet.
- Forty-six percent said they hadn’t heard of the raw pet food diet prior to the survey.
- Thirteen percent of those surveyed already do feed their pets raw food.
- Pet health is the number one factor (94%) for consumers when choosing their pet’s food.
- Freshness and quality (89%) are the second motivating factors for purchase.
- Cost is the third consumer consideration (65%) in purchase.
- Eighty-nine percent of pet parents currently feed their pets processed foods and fillers.
- Twenty-three percent of those who feed their pets processed foods report their pets suffer from skin problems, arthritis, kidney problems or food allergies.
- The same number of respondents (23%) report that their veterinarians have suggested a change in diet to treat those illnesses.
- Thirty-three percent would prefer to have their pet food delivered on a regular schedule, as opposed to buying it in-store.
- Fifty-five percent would prefer to give their pets fresh food that can be served naturally or cooked.
Allprovide is based out of Norcross, Georgia where they’ve invested $2 million in a state-of-the-art, climate controlled facility. The fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients come from select Georgia farmers and farmers’ markets and all of the food is triple-tested for quality and to eliminate natural pathogens.
Meal options include chicken, turkey or beef and the recipes are gluten, grain and soy free for dogs sensitive to allergies. The all-natural pet food can be served raw – mimicking how animals eat in the wild. Or, pet owners can choose to cook the food in Allprovide’s convenient pouches, which can be microwaved or boiled. The meals are delivered right to your door through http://www.allprovide.com or can be purchased in select retailers.
The anonymous survey was conducted with 1,826 cat and dog owners who identify themselves as “health conscious.” Gender: 53% female; 47% male. Ages: 19% 18-29; 23% 30-44; 27% 45-60; 31% >60. Annual income: 28% $50,000-$74,999; 20% %75,000-$99,999; 15% $100,000-$124,999; 14% $125,000-$149,999; 5% $150,000-$174,999; 6% $175,000-$199,999; 12% >$200,000. Education: 5% high school or GED; 17% some college, but no degree; 9% two-year degree; 36% four-year degree; 31% graduate degree.
Allprovide fresh pet food is an all-natural raw pet food made of USDA select meats and USDA grade A poultry. We blend these together with wholesome, fresh vegetables and all natural ingredients to produce balanced complete meals that meet the AAFCO guidelines for nutrition. Allprovide foods are based on the Bone and Raw food diet, but made convenient and safe. We are proud to say that our pet food is made in America and we only buy human grade, restaurant quality ingredients as our goal is to make the best pet foods possible. http://www.allprovide.com