"Education is one of our core values, and that is why we decided to support students making the transition from primary to secondary education." - David Ulich, GSD Executive Board Member
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 15, 2015
The Foundation for Global Sports Development is pleased to announce the winners of their inaugural Exceptional Youth Scholarship Award. Launched this year, the scholarship was created to recognize deserving high school students whose academic and extracurricular achievements surpass standard expectations.
“While 10 students were chosen to receive GSD’s youth scholarship award, the decision was challenging as we received numerous applications from exceptional youth,” said GSD Executive Board Member, Dr. Steven Ungerleider. “While our winners were selected for their remarkable academic achievements and commitment to community service, we also considered each applicant's financial need.”
Scholarship recipients have been awarded $5,000 to be used towards their 2015-2016 tuition and expenses at a four-year university or college.
GSD’s 2015 Exceptional Youth Scholarship winners are:
- Shamima Ahmed – City of Knowledge Islamic School, Pomona, California
- Paul Chong – Francisco Bravo Medical Magnet High School, Los Angeles, California
- Karla Coronado – Abraham Lincoln High School, Los Angeles, California
- Azniv Derdzakyan – Hollywood High School, Los Angeles, California
- Laina Delgado Flores – Camino Nuevo High School, Los Angeles, California
- Javier Jr. Jaime – King Drew Magnet High School of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California
- Laura Lopez – Alexander Hamilton High School, Los Angele, California
- Denice Mendez – Lawndale Highschool, Lawndale, California
- Spencerdevine Reed – Middle College High School, Los Angeles, California
- Megan Zahneis – Lakota West High School, West Chester, Ohio
David Ulich, Executive Board Member for GSD, is optimistic about the impact the Exceptional Youth Scholarship will have on these students’ educational experiences. “Education is one of our core values, and that is why we decided to support students making the transition from primary to secondary education. We have the utmost confidence in this group of fine young people and look forward to hearing about their achievements in college.”
To learn more about the Exceptional Youth Scholarship and The Foundation for Global Sports Development, please visit their website at http://www.GlobalSportsDevelopment.org.
About Global Sports Development
Working closely with international sports federations, generous donors and committed athletes, The Foundation for Global Sports Development promotes sportsmanship, education, fair play and ethics among the world's youth. The Foundation gives special emphasis to groups and communities that are most in need or most underserved by current programs, including women, minorities and youth in areas where the risk of delinquency is particularly high. Visit http://www.globalsportsdevelopment.org to learn more.