Supply chain jobs are in high demand today with more than 1.4 million open positions
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) June 18, 2015
Supply Chain Management (SCM) controls the flow of goods in a business including the movement and storage of raw materials, work-in-process inventory management, and shipping finished goods to point of consumption. This introductory interactive course is designed to expose professionals to the tools and concepts they need to shape and define the various components of value-creation from the perspective of three different job functions: materials planner, buyer, and inventory control analyst. Register now at http://pages.national.edu/supply-chain-management.html
Included in this course is hands-on SCM simulation provided by VChain Solutions where participants will learn how to execute certain basic SCM responsibilities and make decisions to implement an effective and efficient SCM system.
- Identify the key elements and processes of a supply chain and how they interact.
- Identify and apply the strategies and principles for establishing and maintaining efficient, effective, and sustainable supply chains.
- Identify job roles and career opportunities in supply chain management.
- Understand the implications of supply chain management on the organization’s financial health and competitiveness.
- Analyze individual and team simulation performances based on metrics and frameworks that are valued by supply chain employers.
- Apply and hone negotiation, communication, problem-solving, decision-making, and other crucial supply chain skills during the simulation.
Training resources: Introduction to Supply Chain Guide, Supply Chain simulation exercises, VChain ProActive™ Simulation Software.
Duration of Training: Total hours = 6hrs. Conceptual training (2hrs.) + Practical training (4hrs.)
Participant Logistical Requirements: Cellphone or landline, Windows or Macintosh computer, Google Chrome installed on computer.
Session I (3hrs.) offered Tuesday August 4 and 11:
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management (SCM) - 15mins.
- Critical Roles in SCM - 15mins.
- Order to Cash Process in SCM - 1hr.
- Practical Exercises on Proactive Software - 1.5hrs.
Session II (3hrs.) offered Thursday August 6 and 13
- Presentation on the Simulation, Storyline, Q&A, Group Assignment - 30mins.
- Simulation - 2hrs.
- After Action Review - 30mins.
Performance Metrics: All of the participants will be assessed on the following metrics:
- Technical skills: service level, inventory turns, aging orders, revenue risk, profit, operating cost, forecast accuracy, and expedite cost.
Soft skills: communication, decision-making, negotiation, problem-solving, and leadership.
Register today at http://pages.national.edu/supply-chain-management.html for this intensive, practical, 2-day supply chain simulation certificate program. The online 2-day workshop is scheduled for August 4 & 6 and repeated again on August 11 & 13, 2015 and runs from 6pm to 9pm each day the cost including materials is $750 (20% Military discounts are available).
About the Roueche Graduate Center of National American University
The Roueche Graduate Center at National American University in Austin, Texas offers a range of graduate business programs and specializations, nursing and healthcare programs, a Doctorate of Education in Community College Leadership, and executive education programs for leadership and innovation in high-growth industries.