(PRWEB) June 15, 2015
Evolis, a leader in solutions for plastic card printing and personalization, announces the launch of a souped-up version of Primacy, the Evolis flagship printer, which now boasts quite a few new features. Such product enhancements are intended to strengthen Primacy’s market leadership, a position earned in less than 3 years after market launch. With Evolis now celebrating its 15th anniversary, the upgraded Primacy bears witness to Evolis’ commitment to remain at the forefront of innovation, offering a large range of products and services that help match any customer requirement and expectation.
Primacy, a market benchmark in card printers
Primacy, the core of the Evolis range of printers, makes the difference, thanks to its ease of use, advanced flexibility and rapid operations. Loaded with superior technologies, Primacy supports all requirements for printing and encoding cards in medium to large runs, and stands as an unrivaled option for personalizing transportation passes, payment cards, identification badges, as well as multiservice badges and cards.
With more than 50,000 units shipped out so far, and more than 500 million cards printed since its launch in 2012, Primacy stands as a market benchmark for users looking for quality printing and modularity.
Performances, flexibility and security driven enhancements
Today, Evolis has gone one step further in bringing many novel features to Primacy, with the goal to take performances and flexibility to new heights, improve customer experience, and maximize security. These enhancements will be enabled and marketed according to a two-step roadmap. For starters, in July 2015(1), Primacy will feature the following:
- Extended memory size and printing resolution, with a RAM capacity increased to 32 Mb for the standard model, and 64 Mb available as an option. Printing resolution will be made adjustable, and extended to 300 × 600 dpi (color & monochrome), and even 300 × 1200 dpi for monochrome printing.
- A low-card level sensor will make it possible to trigger a user notification when the feeder has 20 or fewer blank cards remaining.
- A new update verification wizard to check for available updates for the printing driver and/or the firmware. Installation is a matter of few clicks.
- A brand new SDK (Evolis Premium SDK) will be available free of charge to enable fast and seamless integration of Primacy with IT systems, and allow for remote supervision of the printer.
- An UHF encoding option to support identification and access control applications using two frequency ranges (FCC and ETSI). Such applications are commonplace in many industries, including transportation, leisure/entertainment and retail.
- A specific Primacy model with an open output hopper will be offered for both the Simplex and Duplex versions, for delivering cards by the unit, in retail environments, and when Primacy is operated on a reception desk or kiosk.
As a second step, new features and product enhancements will make their debut at the end of 2015:
- The printing output rate in monochrome will be increased by up to 25%, to maximize efficiency and increase the volume of cards issued.
- A new electronic locking system will improve the printer’s overall security, in particular for applications in the banking industry.
- An LCD screen, available as an option, will allow the user to interact directly with the printer without having to be in front of the computer.
To make sure that these improvements are made available to all current users of Primacy printers, Evolis guarantees that any Primacy already sold will support just about every new feature.
"With extended features, user-friendlier operations, and seamless integration in existing IT environments, Primacy puts a stamp on its unbeatable leadership, and endorses its rating as one of the most advanced printers in the market. Coupled with cutting-edge technology, Primacy will support multiple applications in identification, banking and even transportation," says Delphine Bidaud, Product Manager for Primacy, Evolis.
(1) In July 2015 in EMEA, August in APAC and September in Americas.
About Evolis (http://www.evolis.com)
Evolis develops, manufactures and markets a complete range of card printers that provide all the options needed for graphic, magnetic and electric personalization (contact or contactless chip cards – RFID technology) of all types of cards (National ID cards, bank cards, badges, student cards, etc.). Evolis also markets a broad range of products and services for identifying people and goods: software for customizing cards (through the cardPresso subsidiary), a complete line of card accessories (through the Sogedex Accessories subsidiary) as well as signature pads and support services.
Based in Angers (France) with subsidiaries in Miami (United States), Mumbai (India), Singapore and Shanghai (China), Evolis is listed in Paris Stock Exchange (Alternext) and earned sales of EUR 60.2 million in 2014. The Company has nearly 300 employees and is represented in 125 countries throughout the world.