Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 16, 2015
Last month, CMS proposed the most significant overhaul to the Medicaid program in more than a decade, with new rules to modernize the program and significantly alter the way it regulates participating health plans. With 60% of Medicaid members now receiving benefits through a managed care company, the rule changes will impact millions of beneficiaries and hundreds of health plans that serve low-income and disabled members. While the CMS initiative would limit profit margins and impose new requirements for health insurers, they also could mean new business opportunities.“CMS’s Managed Medicaid Proposed Rule: Strategies for Plans and Providers,” the June 24 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, will review the new pitfalls and opportunities ahead for health plans and providers.
Three Medicaid industry experts — Kathy Gifford and Margaret Tatar of Health Management Associates, and Jeff Myers of Medicaid Health Plans of America (MHPA) — will provide 60 minutes of presentations, followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions. They will provide reliable answers to important questions such as:
- Would a quality-rating system reflect the risk factors that are unique to the Medicaid population? What can Medicaid health plans and providers learn from the Medicare Advantage experience?
- What challenges will carriers face in complying with proposed MLR requirements? What administrative costs will be included in the calculation? Which will be excluded?
- What data would carriers need to report to comply with the quality rating system? How will this alter the way Medicaid managed care plans operate and report results ... and how states monitor them?
- What new requirements are likely for Medicaid provider networks?
- Which carriers are likely to benefit the most from the rules? Which will find compliance to be difficult?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c5a16_062415 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.