To address the mobility needs of government employees, more federal agencies are deploying VDI or published applications. Having Unidesk available through our GSA contract gives channel partners easy access to an open solution.
Marlborough, Mass. (PRWEB) June 17, 2015
Unidesk Corporation, a leading provider of desktop and application management software for the cloud, announced today that it has signed a General Services Administration (GSA) distribution agreement with Promark Technology Inc., a premier, U.S.-focused value added distributor (VAD) and wholly-owned subsidiary of Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE:IM), a Fortune 100 company that delivers a full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Under the new agreement, Promark will distribute Unidesk® management software for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Windows terminal servers to its growing base of channel partners in the U.S.
Virtual desktops and session hosts are difficult to manage at scale, which prevents VARs from fully capitalizing on the opportunity to help federal government customers offer access to Windows applications from any device. Unidesk overcomes these obstacles with a proven solution that makes deploying and managing desktops and applications in private clouds easier and more efficient. With Unidesk, Promark federal channel partners are able to:
- Bid on any remote desktop opportunity: Unidesk is the open management platform that works with virtual desktop solutions such as Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft VDI and VMware Horizon as well as application publishing solutions such as Citrix XenApp and Microsoft RDSH, accommodating customers’ needs for choice and flexibility.
- Offer VDI at lower cost than PC replacement: Unidesk is setting a new value bar for VDI by reducing both the capital and operational costs of deployment and management. Unidesk finally makes VDI cheaper than PCs, especially when paired with Citrix XenDesktop or Microsoft VDI on Hyper-V.
- Benefit from the infrastructure drag created by VDI: Unidesk software is proven to create 10X more business for its partners in the form of VDI storage, hosts, thin/zero clients, software licensing, and services.
- Accelerate repeat purchases of VDI. Unidesk radically reduces the level of IT expertise and time needed to implement and manage VDI. By empowering their IT clients to simplify and scale deployments, Promark VARs will enjoy faster follow-on purchases.
- Give customers an on-ramp to the cloud: Implementing VDI internally on a private cloud is the best way to get end users accustomed to accessing their Windows desktops and applications from any device, paving the way for a move to the public cloud.
“The government market is important for Unidesk and complements our successes with customers in other market segments,” said Samantha Foster, vice president of alliances and channel, Unidesk. “Our new agreement with Promark enables government buyers who are required to utilize the GSA for their technology procurement easy access to Unidesk through their preferred resellers. Promark′s GSA schedule serves as an excellent contract vehicle for Unidesk Solution Partners, offering wide-ranging exposure and shorter sales cycles.”
“We’re pleased to play a valued role within Unidesk’s go-to-market strategy,” said Todd Hartung, vice president, Promark. “To address the mobility needs of government employees, more federal agencies are deploying VDI or published applications, yet many still struggle with application virtualization issues, image sprawl and the tradeoff between IT simplicity and end user flexibility. Having Unidesk available through our GSA contract gives channel partners easy access to an open solution that helps overcome these challenges.”
About Promark Technology
Promark Technology, an Ingram Micro company, is one of the premier value added distributors (VAD) in the United States. Promark’s core technology focus is distributing data storage and virtualization products and solutions through a two-tier distribution channel to value added resellers (VARs) and system integrators. Promark leverages its direct relationships with world class technology partners to provide solutions that meet the most demanding needs of its customers. Promark also offers a Public Sector Business Program that helps resellers navigate the government selling process and expand the reach of their Business. The program provides authorized resellers the ability to leverage Promark’s GSA Schedule to market and sell products and solutions into both federal government and state and local organizations. Promark offers professional services in application integration, backup and recovery, network optimization, storage implementation and disaster recovery. To learn more about Promark Technology call 800.634.0255 or visit http://www.promarktech.com.
About Ingram Micro Inc.
Ingram Micro helps businesses Realize the Promise of Technology™. It delivers a full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world. Deep expertise in technology solutions, mobility, cloud, and supply chain solutions enables its business partners to operate efficiently and successfully in the markets they serve. Unrivaled agility, deep market insights and the trust and dependability that come from decades of proven relationships, set Ingram Micro apart and ahead. More at http://www.ingrammicro.com.
About Unidesk Corporation
Unidesk enables customers to simplify and scale the management of Windows desktops and applications in the cloud. With Unidesk layering innovation, IT organizations can deliver applications and update Windows with ease, while offering the personalization and support that delights end users. Unidesk’s open solution manages virtual desktops and multi-user Windows session hosts; supports Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Azure and VMware vSphere cloud platforms; and integrates with leading connectivity solutions including Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Microsoft VDI/RDSH and VMware Horizon. Unidesk is a privately held company headquartered in Marlborough, Mass., with authorized solution partners around the world. For more information, visit http://www.unidesk.com.