The 21st running of the HOT ROD Power Tour® is waiting for official word from the Guinness World Records for its Largest Burnout attempt on June 9 during its stop in Memphis at the Memphis International Raceway.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) June 19, 2015
The 21st running of the HOT ROD Power Tour® is waiting for official word from the Guinness World Records for its Largest Burnout attempt on Tuesday, June 9 during its stop in Memphis at the Memphis International Raceway.
"Power Tour is the world's largest traveling car show, so it's only appropriate that we'd go for the mass burnout world record," said HOT ROD publisher Jeff Dahlin. "Seeing all of our friends and tour participants spinning their tires on the raceway drag strip in Memphis was the best part--we all shared in the fun."
Sponsored by Continental Tire, the Power Tour's recent simultaneous burnout totaled more than 110 cars, surpassing Australia’s Street Machine Summernats’ previously held record of 107 cars from earlier this year.
"Our gearhead friends Down Under started this whole burnout rivalry, but HOT ROD figures it is America's time to finish it," said editor in chief of HOT ROD David Kennedy.
In addition to the 110-car-plus burnout in Memphis, this year's HOT ROD Power Tour included thrilling new features for spectators, participants, and auto enthusiasts worldwide as the seven-day, seven-city journey traveled more than 1,000 miles from Madison, WI, to Baton Rouge, LA, June 6-12, 2015. More than 5,800 participants and upward of 100,000 spectators celebrated the tour, which welcomes all makes and models of hot rods, street rods, custom trucks, muscle cars, and performance machines of every vintage and nameplate. For many, the annual HOT ROD Power Tour is the ultimate vacation with friends and family.
HOT ROD Power Tour 2015
When & Where:
Madison, WI - Saturday, June 6 @ Alliant Energy Center
Champaign, IL - Sunday, June 7 @ Parkland College
Madison, IL - Monday, June 8 @ Gateway Motorsports Park
Memphis, TN - Tuesday, June 9 @ Memphis International Raceway
Hoover, AL - Wednesday, June 10 @ Hoover Metropolitan Stadium
Gulfport, MS - Thursday, June 11 @ Centennial Plaza
Gonzales, LA - Friday, June 12 @ Lamar Dixon Expo Center
Presented by Chevrolet Performance, HOT ROD Power Tour is widely considered to be the finest high-end automotive tour in the world, bringing performance car lovers together with HOT ROD editors and photographers to cruise through small town America.
HOT ROD Power Tour 2015 featured:
- At each stop, a colorful midway of mobile display rigs from more than 50 performance manufacturers and aftermarket specialists– view the latest innovations and get expert advice
- Autograph sessions with motorsports celebrities
- Entertainment, celebrities, games, and dozens of giveaways daily on the main stage
- Drag Strip Fun Runs at Gateway Motorsports Park and Memphis International Raceway
- The chance to take a spin on the Autocross
- A variety of Chevrolet Performance vehicles including: 2015 Sonic 5DR RS, 2015 Suburban (Trip Captain), 2015 Corvette Convertible, 2015 Camaro Z/28, 2015 Camaro Commemorative, 2015 SS Sedan, 2015 Silverado Polaris Concept, 2015 Colorado Crew Cab, 1967 Nova (LTG), 1967 Camaro Hot Wheels (LS3), 1971 JJ Corvette (LT1), 1988 Monte Carlo (LS3 525), 2015 Indy 500 Pace Z06, and Motor Medic.
The HOT ROD Power Tour is free for spectators.
For more information, follow the HOT ROD Power Tour at http://www.hotrod.com, Facebook:facebook.com/hotrodmag, Twitter: twitter.com/hotrodmagazine, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 310-363-4231. For hotel info, visit travelplanners.net or call 410-349-3000. For vendor booth Information, contact Martha Carrasco at 949-705-3135.