When it comes to watering a lawn during the summer heat, overwatering or counting on nature to do the job are not the best methods.
Waco, Texas (PRWEB) June 20, 2015
When it comes to watering a lawn during the summer heat, overwatering or counting on nature to do the job are not the best methods. The experts at The Grounds Guys say residential and commercial property owners should remember four basic rules of thumb for watering – timing, watching the weather, learning regional data, and mulching – to keep the lawn green and healthy in the heat.
- Timing: Water lawns during the early morning hours typically between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. Watering lawns in the heat of the day can cause water loss through evaporation. Watering in the evening could result in poor water absorption or diseases.
- Watching the weather: Check the weather before watering. Avoid watering on windy days, even if temperatures are mild, since winds can prevent even water distribution.
- Learning regional data: Know the needs of your region. The region you live in can determine the amount of water your lawn and plants need. In general, lawns require one of water per week. However, your region has clay soil, less water may be required, and in dry, windy climates, greater amounts of water may be needed.
- Mulching: Mulch is a great way to reduce surface runoff and slow evaporation of the water in your soil. Using soaker hoses is a great option to use with bed plants if you don’t have an irrigation system.
In addition to following the four basic rules of thumb for watering, a well-planned irrigation system can also help keep a lawn lush during the dog days of summer. According to The Grounds Guys, the benefits of having an irrigation system include:
- Helps property owners avoid over watering, which kills just as many plants and lawns as under watering.
- Lowers the amount of water runoff with eco-friendly systems that promotes excellent drainage and maximizes water retention.
- Adjust water amount to the size, shape and type of landscape for maximum water coverage.
- Offers an easy to manage and install watering option for residential or commercial use.
- Increases lawn health and longevity by providing consistent moisture to the grass roots, which allows them to bury deeper into the soil so they thrive and grow.
The professionals at The Grounds Guys have the skills and expertise necessary to install an irrigation system that fits both residential and commercial property needs. Give them a call today at 855-414-3430 or visit GroundsGuys.com.