I am by no means an expert in any of the activities I pursue in the series, so the entertainment factor comes in seeing me struggle and sometimes epically fail at my tasks
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) June 24, 2015
It started out as a personal challenge. Then it turned into a documentary. Now, three years since its inception, "How to Make Everything" makes it's television debut on KSTC45 as a weekly series.
The show follows Andy George, Creator and Host of "How to Make Everything", as he makes everything from a sandwich to a suit, tools and even a root beer float from scratch...literally.
For example, the premiere episode covers Andy making a sandwich from scratch. This involved growing the wheat to make the bread, sunflowers to make oil for mayonnaise, cucumbers for pickles, lettuce and tomatoes. For salt, Andy had to travel to the Pacific Ocean to gather sea water, which he boiled down. He collected eggs and milk from a farm for mayonnaise and cheese. Then there is the slightly uncomfortable moment in which Andy has to slaughter a chicken himself for the meat. All in all, it took Andy six months at a cost of $1,500 to make what typically costs $6.00 at a sandwich shop.
"This is not a 'How To' show. The show is meant to reveal how complicated it is to make every day items we take for granted, once you strip away the manufacturing and distribution networks which are the backbone of our modern lifestyle" Andy says about his show. "I am by no means an expert in any of the activities I pursue in the series, so the entertainment factor comes in seeing me struggle and sometimes epically fail at my tasks".
The weekly 1/2 hour series debuts Saturday, June 27th at 11pm on KSTC45. The first nine episodes will air this summer, with the remaining five episodes of the series starting in the fall. For interview requests or more information on the show, contact Executive Producer Henry Schneider at 651.472.2542 firstname.lastname@example.org or Supervising Producer Brian Stemmler at 323.401.6416 brian(at)makeeverything(dot)tv.
To celebrate the launch of this exciting new series, we are hosting a premiere party at The Hack Factory Wednesday, June 24th at 7pm. Open to the press, we will be screening the first episode, a teaser for the second episode, as well as a Q&A with the creators.
Wednesday, June 24th 7pm-9pm
The Hack Factory
3119 E 26th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55406 Screening times: 7:30pm and 8:30pm
LIST OF EPISODES:
1. Sandwich - In the series premier of How To Make Everything, Andy discovers that making a sandwich from scratch is much more difficult than it sounds. (airs 6/27 & 7/4)
2. Suit (Pt. 1) - Part 1 of How To Make a Suit, Andy travels to Texas for cotton, joins one of the first hemp harvests in decades, and shears sheep for their wool. (airs 7/11)
3. Suit (Pt. 2) - Part 2 of How To Make a Suit, Andy finishes his suit by growing silk worms, shearing alpaca, hunting a deer, and making buttons out of bone. (airs 7/18)
4. Tools - Andy challenges himself to step into the forest with nothing but his bare hands and emerge with a set of wood and metal tools. (airs 7/25)
5. Book - Writing has been around for centuries, so how hard could it be to make a book, pen, and ink? Andy finds out that there’s more to a book than just the cover. (airs 8/1)
6. Soap - Andy discovers some cleaning products are easier to make than others after a visit to Washington state. (airs 8/8)
7. Color - Looking to add a little color to some of his earlier creations, Andy explores making his own dyes, inks, and paints. (airs 8/15)
8. Bottle - While plastic bottles continue to collect in our oceans and landfills Andy discovers a wide variety of simple ways to make bottles from scratch. (airs 8/22)
9. Root Beer Float - In the season 1 finale, Andy uses the insight he’s learned from the past 8 weeks to make a celebratory root beer float from scratch. (airs 8/29)