Naples, FL (PRWEB) July 02, 2015
The Women’s Foundation of Collier County is now accepting nominations for the 2016 Women of Initiative Awards. Each spring, the Women’s Foundation of Collier County honors ten local women who, through their leadership are an inspiration to all women seeking to make a difference through philanthropy and civic engagement. Since 1998, 165 women have been honored.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The emphasis is on volunteerism, leadership and philanthropic efforts that have benefited Collier County. Executive directors of nonprofit agencies will not be considered.
- Volunteer service to a political campaign or candidate will not be considered.
- The candidate does not have to have served with multiple organizations.
- In the case of candidates who work in professional careers, consideration will be given to whether the nominee’s volunteer hours are outside of their professional duties or is career-related.
- The number of nominations a candidate receives will not weigh in favor of the candidate; the quality of the nomination and the candidates’ contributions will take precedence.
To access the 2016 Women of Initiative nomination form and all instructions, please go to: http://www.cfcollier.org
Completed applications must be received online at as indicated on the nomination form by 5:00pm on October 1, 2015.
The nominating materials are reviewed by a committee of the Women’s Foundation of Collier County. Based on their recommendations, the honorees will be chosen and announced at the Women’s Foundation of Collier County’s Power of the Purse event on December 11, 2015. The 2016 Women of Initiative will be honored at a luncheon on April 8, 2016.
About The Women’s Foundation of Collier County
The Women’s Foundation of Collier County Endowment Fund at the Community Foundation of Collier County was established by women community leaders to develop a sustainable way to meet the economic, educational, physical, emotional, social, and artistic needs of women and girls in Collier County. More than $350,000 has been donated to programs that help at-risk women and girls in Collier County, FL.
About the Community Foundation of Collier County
The Community Foundation of Collier County is a tax-exempt, public, charitable fund, that oversees more than 510 funds, collaborates with more than 400 nonprofits, holds $100 million in assets and has distributed more than $79 million in grants to nonprofit organizations and community programs.