"With SEAL you can archive anything, anytime without losing governance control over the content" said Catalin Paunescu, CEO, Star Storage
Bucharest, Romania (PRWEB) June 24, 2015
SEAL is an Enterprise Information Archiving software that leverages Hitachi Content Platform as an intelligent distributed object storage system to deliver the best functionalities for managing your electronic archive. Top companies across the Globe are using SEAL to store unstructured contend and related metadata in a single, consolidated repository and to unify their valuable documents records from paper, computer-generated outputs or legacy systems.
Organizations using SEAL achieve immediate bennefits from increased flexibility and permanent and secured access to electronic archived information. Using and advanced system to enforce compliance rules and regulations companies can reduce exposure to outside environments and mitigate risks. All of these benefits come at a fraction of what enterprise content management platforms cost.
“With a scalable architecture based on a state-of-the-art storage platform, HCP (Hitachi Content Platform), SEAL is a business value solution matching DMS (Document Management System) based document archiving needs like storing and retrieving, classification, flexible metadata, navigation and security and the requirements of a ERMS (Electronic Records Management System) such as retention management, file plan, controlled disposal/updates and advanced audit,” said Catalin Paunescu, CEO, Star Storage. “With SEAL you can archive anything, anytime without losing governance control over the content”.
Star Storage specialists are continuously take into consideration and act on customer feedback, permanently adding new features that enable companies to build and manage their electronic archives. Among the features included in this release there are:
Improved user experience
- The new version of the product comes with a new graphical interface, with a flat design that aims to improve the user experience, offering a simpler, clearer and more effective interface.
- The interface design allows easy application of different themes so that the product can quickly adapt to any corporate identity.
- SEAL now includes a number of predefined data model templates, focused on various business areas and activities, so no additional configurations are needed once the electronic archive was defined.
- This release was also focused on the help section, so any user who wish to learn more about certain SEAL features can access a user guide and a series of video tutorials that will initiate the knowledge worker in the use of electronic archive, directly from the product interface.
Advanced sharing features
- SEAL includes important new features that allows information sharing within an organization, even easier than its previous versions. Users can now group documents related to a particular issue in a document collection that you can be shared with other members of the organization.
- Sharing can be accomplished for a limited period or permanently and it can always be cancelled.
- Accessing shared information is done in a new dedicated section, so that the content can be viewed in a quick and efficient manner.
- All sharing operations are governed by security permissions and continuously monitored using audit reports.
- New possibility to configure individual permission levels for archived document creators. This mechanism offers organizations greater flexibility in terms of access rights configuration.
- An improved version of the REST API interface is included within this release, allowing other software applications to communicate with SEAL, besides the CMIS (Content Management Interoperability System) interface which is the standard based alternative in terms of integration with other systems.
With SEAL, every company can now access a complete solution for enterprise information archiving. Below a quick overview of SEAL unique functionalities and usage scenarios.
SEAL unique functionalities:
- Revolutionary flexibility: archive anything, anytime without losing governance control over the content.
- Hybrid record management, by exposing consolidated information related to digital content and its physical support, within the same interface.
- Retention rules, holds, file plan management and controlled disposition for advanced compliance.
- Quick deployment: start to archive documents immediately after deploying the cloud service or in 1 day for an on-premises solution.
- Flexible security definition, using a rules engine and confidentiality levels.
- Built-in Web viewer for PDF, PDF/A, images and other common files (e.g.: Microsoft® Word).
- Integration with systems such as BPM/ERP/CRM/Portal using CMIS open standard.
- Ingest emails from PST files and make them available securely for audit, research or other business activities.
SEAL usage scenarios:
- Scanning and archiving documents. Using the included StarCapture application, users can create an archive directly from paper documents. Scan and index either in a single location or in a distributed work environment, while providing secured access to authorized personnel.
- Archiving electronic documents. Archive documents generated in electronic format (by systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relationship Management or mail messages) in order to maintain a clear evidence of records and support future retrievals.
- Mergers and acquisitions integration. Easily adopt and use data and documents from recently acquired companies.
- Decommissioning old systems. Move passive content from old Document Management Systems / Enterprise Content Management systems or from unused databases and transform it into usable content, eliminating the legacy maintenance costs.
More information and other interesting news are available on the SEAL product website: http://www.seal-online.com
About Star Storage
Star Storage is an IT company focused on information protection and management and serving its customers in the private and public sectors with its complete portfolio of ready-made, innovative software products, solutions and services. The company plays a key role in the transformation process of organizations’ IT infrastructure into cloud-based architectures with improved control over the content. With more than 14 years of experience, the Company has expanded its global presence through strategic alliances with reputable international players and relationships with enterprise customers worldwide. For more information, contact us by email at products(at)star-storage(dot)ro or visit our web page at http://www.star-storage.eu.