Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) June 24, 2015
NCPDP, the not-for-profit pharmacy standards development organization, announced today the call for proposals for its 2016 Annual Technology & Business Conference, which will be held May 2-4, 2016, at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona. The deadline to submit a proposal is August 14, 2015.
The national conference draws more than 700 attendees from across the healthcare industry, including technical, business and executive representatives from health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, retail and independent pharmacies, long-term care providers, healthcare consultants, technology vendors, manufacturers, wholesale drug distributors, database management organizations and others.
NCPDP encourages the submission of proposals covering a broad range of educational, informative healthcare and pharmacy topics, such as:
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACO)
- Compliance, Accreditation, Government Mandates and Audits
- Compounding/Specialty Pharmacy
- Direct and Indirect Remuneration (DIR) Fees
- Expanding the Role of Pharmacist as Provider
- Federal/State Controlled Substance Registries
- Health Information Exchange (HIE)
- Manufacturer Experiences using NCPDP Data
- Meaningful Use 3 (MU3)
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Services
- Patient Safety
- PBM Rebate Processing/Manufacturer Best Practices
- Pharmacy Quality Measures
- Physician and Pharmacy Collaboration
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs
- Privacy & Security
- 340B Claims Future and/or Benefits Inquiry Pilots
For more information or to submit a proposal, visit: http://ncpdp.org/ac/call-for-proposals-info.aspx.
Founded in 1977, NCPDP is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited, Standards Development Organization with over 1,600 members representing virtually every sector of the pharmacy services industry. Our diverse membership provides leadership and healthcare business solutions through education and standards, created using the consensus building process. NCPDP has been named in federal legislation, including HIPAA, MMA, and HITECH. NCPDP members have created standards such as the Telecommunication Standard and Batch Standard, the SCRIPT Standard for ePrescribing, the Manufacturers Rebate Standard and more to improve communication within the pharmacy industry. Our data products include dataQ®, a robust database of information on more than 76,000 pharmacies, and HCIdea®, an innovative prescriber database that provides continually updated information on more than two million prescribers. NCPDP's RxReconn® is a legislative tracking product for real-time monitoring of pharmacy-related state and national legislative and regulatory activity. For more information about NCPDP Standards, Data Services, Products, Educational Programs and Work Group meetings, go online at http://www.ncpdp.org or call (480) 477-1000.