Dr. Holly observes that Cain and Tiffany are the perfect example of using a big life event to create a “new normal” This new summer season can be the perfect time to create your own "new normal."
Aurora, COLO (PRWEB) June 24, 2015
Every episode of the hit ABC series “Extreme Weight Loss” Season 5 begins at the University of Colorado Anschutz Health and Wellness Center at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colo. Holly Wyatt, MD is associate director of the center and medical director for the TV show. She is affectionately known as “Dr. Holly” to the show’s cast members and her patients.
For three weeks this summer, “Extreme Weight Loss” Season 5 offers a new twist on the series with three special companion piece editions -- "Love Can't Weight" -- in which three obese couples get in shape, both physically and emotionally, for each of their weddings. Like the cast members on “Extreme Weight Loss,”, the couples spend the first part of their transformation journey at the CU Anschutz Health and Wellness Center getting guidance from Dr. Holly.
Each week, Dr. Holly watches the show then records a video blog about the episode offering fans her insight plus advice on how to begin, or continue, their own weight loss transformation journeys. In this episode, Cain and Tiffany (New Orleans) set out to reclaim the active, healthy lifestyles they once led and ended up setting a record for the most weight lost by any two-person team in the history of “Extreme Weight Loss.”
Reflecting on what she terms an “important” episode, Dr. Holly says the couple lost that record amount of weight by creating a “new normal” and that other weight loss seekers can do that, too. Cain and Tiffany took advantage of the big life event that was in front of them and decided to use it as the catalyst to make a lifestyle change and transformation. The couple’s “old normal” was taking them down the wrong path. Their new, healthy, normal took them down the aisle to their happily ever after.
Watch Dr. Holly as she reflects on creating a "new normal" and Cain and Tiffany's successful transformation.
Dr. Holly’s observations:
- Cain and Tiffany saw their upcoming wedding as the perfect motivation tool to make a big life change. It gave them a goal.
- Deciding to transform before their wedding forced them to act quickly, change their lifestyle and adopt healthy behaviors.
- To me, Cain and Tiffany are the perfect example of using a big life event to create a “new normal” and of the huge positive impact living that “new normal” can have.
Dr. Holly’s advice:
- There are any number of life events you can use as a good reason to create your own “new normal” and begin or continue your weight loss transformation— retirement, a new job, a move, a marriage.
- Think about the change of seasons as a good time to begin adopting new behaviors. I encourage you to use this new summer season as the inspiration to create your own “new normal” where making healthy choices and being active become the norm.
Dr. Holly’s participation in the TV show inspired her to create the CU Anschutz Health and Wellness Center’s first destination weight loss program. The weeklong Extreme Weight Loss: Destination Boot Camp is designed to provide participants with the tools they need to complete their own successful weight loss transformations— without the TV cameras! Limited space is available in upcoming boot camps and weight loss seekers are encouraged to learn more and register now.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Health and Wellness Center is recognized as a global leader in the fight against obesity. It offers some of the country’s most advanced research and science-based expertise, focusing on a comprehensive weight loss and weight management approach, including fitness, nutrition and wellness services. Follow AnschutzWell on Facebook and Twitter.
“Extreme Weight Loss” is produced by 3 Ball Entertainment. JD Roth, Todd A. Nelson, Matt Assmus and Brant Pinvidic are the executive producers.