It is critical that organizations fully understand the top issues of ICD-10 that we’ll be covering at this event and how to best prepare so as to combat any potential backlogs, denials and negative impacts on revenue.
RESTON, Va. (PRWEB) June 25, 2015
The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI), the nation’s leading nonprofit authority on the use of health IT to create efficiencies in healthcare information exchange, announces its annual Summer Forum will focus exclusively on the pressing industry topic of ICD-10. The two-day conference will take place July 28-29, 2015 at the American Dental Association Conference Center in Chicago, Ill.
“As we all know, the transition to ICD-10 will have a major impact on all payers, providers and vendors affecting everything from medical coding operations, software systems, reporting, administration, registration and beyond,” said Jim Daley, WEDI past-chair and ICD-10 Workgroup co-chair. “It is critical that organizations fully understand the top issues of ICD-10 that we’ll be covering at this event and how to best prepare so as to combat any potential backlogs, denials and negative impacts on revenue.”
The keynote will be delivered by Stacie Watson, head of customer operations shared services – ICD-10 at Aetna on "ICD-10...Wait, There's No Delay?." Additionally, general sessions of the WEDI ICD-10 Forum will include an influential array of speakers on critical topic areas, such as:
- 2016 and Beyond: ICD-10 Gains that Drive and Deliver New Patient/Member Value – Dave McCord, TM Floyd and Company
- ICD-10 Provider Educational Training Module – WEDI Dental Workgroup
- The Hidden Gem – ICD-10 is not all about the cost, there’s an enterprise ROI – Penny Osmon Bahr, Avastone Health Solutions
- ICD-10 Payer Testing: Lessons Learned and Next Steps – Gale Scott and Katrina Harrison, Tampa General Hospital
- ICD-10 Payer Testing Results – Brian Parkany, Aetna; Stanley Nachimson, Nachimson Advisors; Sid Herbert, Humana; George Vancore, Blue Cross Blue Shield Florida
- Shifting DRGs: The Impact of Mapping and Variations in Coding and Documentation – Joe Nichols, Health Data Consulting
- Post-Implementation Challenges – Strategies to Reduce Risk – Ken Bradley, Navicure; Deborah Grider, KarenZupko & Associates; Jen Cohrs, Wisconsin Medical Society
- Coming Around the Bend: Game Plans, Tools and Contingency Planning for ICD-10 – George Vancore, Blue Cross Blue Shield Florida; Crystal Ewing, Zirmed; Rob Tennant, Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
- Tomorrow’s Challenge: Staying Compliant with ICD-10-CM Implementation – Rhonda Buckholtz, AAPC
The event is open to all interested healthcare stakeholders across provider, payer, vendor and government entities. Both WEDI members and non-members can register online for the conference with group discounts available. Learn more about the efforts of WEDI and its ICD-10 Workgroup on the website.
The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) is the leading authority on the use of health IT to improve healthcare information exchange in order to enhance the quality of care, improve efficiency, and reduce costs of our nation’s healthcare system. WEDI was formed in 1991 by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) and was designated in the 1996 HIPAA legislation as an advisor to HHS. WEDI’s membership includes a broad coalition of organizations, including: hospitals, providers, health plans, vendors, government agencies, consumers, not-for-profit organizations, and standards development organizations. To learn more, visit http://www.wedi.org and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.