Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) June 29, 2015
Three new members were elected to the University City Science Center’s Board of Directors at its annual Shareholders Meeting on June 12, 2015: Stephen K. Klasko, M.D., MBA, President and CEO, Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health System; Keith Leaphart, D.O., MBA, President/CEO The Leaphart Group; and Kathleen M. Shay, Esquire, Partner, Duane Morris LLP. The Science Center also announced the election of Maxine Ballen, who has served on the Science Center Board since 2002, as its first Board Member Emerita.
Klasko, Leaphart and Shay join the following current and emeritus members of the Science Center Board:
- Maxine Ballen, Director Emerita, University City Science Center
- Kerry R. Benson, Managing Director and Chief Information Officer, The PFM Group
- Kenneth J. Blank, Ph.D., Vice President Health Sciences, Rowan University
- Craig R. Carnaroli (Chairman of the Board), Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania
- Christopher Cashman, Chairman and CEO, Marinus Pharmaceuticals
- Ernest Dianastasis, Managing Director, Computer Aid Inc. and Chairman, First State Innovation
- Michael A. DiPiano, Managing General Partner, New Spring Ventures
- Steven J. Fluharty, Ph.D., Dean and Thomas S. Gates, Jr. Professor of Psychology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience, School of Arts and Sciences, University of Pennsylvania
- Glen N. Gaulton, Ph.D., Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Executive Vice Dean and Chief Scientific Officer, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Jane H. Hollingsworth, Managing Partner, Militia Hill Ventures
- David Holveck, Director Emeritus, University City Science Center
- Osagie O. Imasogie, Senior Managing Partner, Phoenix IP Ventures
- Richard P. Jaffe, Esquire, Partner, Duane Morris LLP, Director Emeritus
- J. Larry Jameson, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President, University of Pennsylvania for the Health System; Dean, Perelman School of Medicine
- Russel E. Kaufman, M.D., President Emeritus, The Wistar Institute
- David R. King, Senior Advisor, Atonarp, Inc.
- Carl Kopfinger, Senior Vice President, Venture Capital and Mezzanine Investment Division, TD Bank
- Kenneth L. Kring, Managing Director, Educational Specialty Practice Korn/Ferry International
- William J. Marrazzo, President and Chief Executive Officer, WHYY, Inc.
- Keith A. Orris, Senior Vice President for Corporate Relations and Economic Development, Drexel University
- Stephen Spinelli, Jr., Ph.D., President, Philadelphia University
- Advisor to the Chairman and CEO
- Paul Touhey, Executive Chairman, Invisible Sentinel
- Tara L. Weiner, Science Center Director
- Stephen T. Zarrilli, President and CEO, Safeguard Scientifics
- Stephen S. Tang, Ph.D., MBA, President and CEO, University City Science Center
About the Science Center
The University City Science Center is a dynamic hub for innovation, and entrepreneurship and technology development in the Greater Philadelphia region. It provides business incubation, programming, lab and office facilities, and support services for entrepreneurs, start-ups, and growing and established companies. The Science Center was the first, and remains the largest, urban research park in the United States. Since it was founded in 1963, graduate organizations and current residents of the Science Center’s Port business incubators have created more than 15,000 jobs that remain in the Greater Philadelphia region today and contribute more than $9 billion to the regional economy annually. For more information about the Science Center, go to http://www.sciencecenter.org. To view the Science Center’s 2015 Annual Review, go to http://ucscreview.org/.